hf1

Fitted cloth nappy users, what's your style?

My avatar
mummymel
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mummymel » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:21 pm

I mostly love side snapping because i can get the best fit on miss chunky thighs with those. i love minkee and embroidery of any description. I don't care that noone else will see them on the fitteds. I like having something pretty to look at while I change madam :lol:
I'm loving weenotions at the moment.
but mostly i'm a fickle nappy buyer. i'll buy anything pretty :lol:

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:03 pm

I don't get the "no point in fitteds cos you cover them up" thing anyway. You cover pockets/AIO's with clothes don't you??? We don't always use a cover in the house anyway and if we do cover we cover with scrummy wool :lol: I just don't get on with pockets or AIOs for either fit or drying time, or lack of absorbency.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:49 pm

ladybird wrote:I don't get the "no point in fitteds cos you cover them up" thing anyway. You cover pockets/AIO's with clothes don't you??? ..............

I only really cover up the plain ones (eg fuzzis :D ) I have the prettiest pockets/wraps for when the girls are wearing skirts or dresses (the shorter the better so perhaps even a long tunic top :oops: ) so the nappies are on show :lol:

Never really bothered at all for DS1! He's had a couple of cute print pockets (especially when he was a baby because he just wore them with a t'shirt so again they were on show!) but as you said with boys they are covered up so he just really had plain fitteds a couple of nature babies print wraps but staple nappy for him was fuzzis!

jan x

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:50 pm

I'm buying night nappies - anything pretty or exciting :D

I agree with you about fitteds Shadow, even the pretty pockets i had were generally covered up anyway.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:57 pm

I think I'm still a bigger fan of pockets and AI2s (only got 2) than fitteds really...

BUT the ones I do have - my fave style is probably nippas and then side-snaps... I don't like velcro fitteds as for some reason it seems overly bulky (when velcro pockets don't)... Front snaps are ok too...

Would you believe though that not including night nappies I only actually have 6 fitteds which fit at the moment IYKWIM!

My avatar
LadyMoonlight
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby LadyMoonlight » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:09 pm

Interesting :D

It seems funny that so many of us seem to be loving side snaps but there don't seem to be many run of the mill side snapping nappies.

I like the frilled cuffs but they can be a pain with making the cover fit properly. I still prefer them though for containment.

Very much loving my Mudpies AI2 (which I use as a pocket fitted), my First Class Baby and my LHC at the moment. Just wish I could find matching pairs to the first 2 so each of my babies had one :lol:

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:06 pm

Jan, don't they get cold???

Ladymoonlight, what MP AI2s are you looking for? I'm considering selling the two I have, haven't decided yet as they are cute. Not sure either would be girly enough for you though and they don't match!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:12 pm

ladybird wrote:Jan, don't they get cold???

To show off Isabelle's nappies she's often in a skirt or dress with babylegs or hugalugs so nope she doesn't get cold :D

Or perhaps I just have a hardy northern lassie ;) :lol:

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:13 pm

Ah ok. I guess having boys the skirt thing wouldn't really be quite as good :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat