Does this sound right for 16 mnth old?

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Does this sound right for 16 mnth old?

Postby Fayesmum » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:32 pm

Hiya

I just wanted to check Fayes measurements before I go ahead and confirm on some woolies in classifieds.

Rise 18"
Inside leg 9-10" (I think but could be 11" she was wriggling)
Waist 20"

I'm not used to measuring her and we only have 2 soakers, so was after some reassurance someone else with a lo of similar age has something in the same range. Weight doesn't make much difference does it? She was 21lb 14 last wk

Thanks x

My avatar
sportyminx
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Does this sound right for 16 mnth old?

Postby sportyminx » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:36 pm

Hi there - sounds fine, but I would maybe go for a 20" rise instead espescially if you plan to use over a night nappy :D

I knit Naomi's longies, she is nearly 18months but wears 6-9 or 9-12 clothes - I always go for 20" w 20" rise and about 10" for the leg, with a drawstring to tighten the waist!

Good luck and enjoy your first pair of longies :wine:

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:46 pm

Sounds about right although 11 inch inside leg is very long (my dd is 17 months and has an 11 inch inside leg and looks like a stork). When I order I go for 20inch hips and 20inch rise and as Minxy said, that fits well over a big old night nappy. Enjoy the wool!

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:48 pm

50ftQueenie wrote:Sounds about right although 11 inch inside leg is very long (my dd is 17 months and has an 11 inch inside leg and looks like a stork). When I order I go for 20inch hips and 20inch rise and as Minxy said, that fits well over a big old night nappy. Enjoy the wool!

Hmmm :oops: my DD is 8 months and has 10" inside leg :giggle:

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:50 pm

shoogah01 wrote:
50ftQueenie wrote:Sounds about right although 11 inch inside leg is very long (my dd is 17 months and has an 11 inch inside leg and looks like a stork). When I order I go for 20inch hips and 20inch rise and as Minxy said, that fits well over a big old night nappy. Enjoy the wool!

:shock: Whoa! She's going to be a super model! Martha is very tall so your dd must be amazingly tall!

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:53 pm

she is rather long :giggle: but she is also pretty big built so I don't really notice but saw a 12 month old the other day that was smaller than her :shock: :shock:

My avatar
sportyminx
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby sportyminx » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:09 pm

Shoogah - It sounds like Naomi may be smaller than you LO :giggle: she is 18months in 11 days time!

My avatar
VICKERSHOUSE
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby VICKERSHOUSE » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:26 pm

shoogah01 wrote:

FREYA is definately a short ass then - she is 2 next month and has an inside leg of 10 1/2"

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:30 pm

:oops: i got it wrong she has a 9" inside leg, not much difference though

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat