hf1

Recommendations for a newbie to cloth..?

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Recommendations for a newbie to cloth..?

Postby peachy.moo » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:36 pm

Don't know if this is the right area to start this, my sister is pg as is a friend- both are interested in using cloth, but have no idea where to start....

Just wondered if anyone could help them by recommending there best/ easiest nappies....

I used Minki's first time round, no others & loved them!!

This time i use mainly Itti's, Slinki Minki's & HL with fleece for night!!

Thanks!! :hug:

My avatar
toothlesswonder
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Recommendations for a newbie to cloth..?

Postby toothlesswonder » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:41 pm

Got to be Little Lambs bamboo - they are really absorbant, a great workhorse nappy. Nowt fancy, but they do the job.

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:42 pm

In a newborn would you use fleece/ wool with them..? Bubba's are due in August, one in France, one in Ireland!! lol!! (yeah slightly different temperatures between the 2 at that time of year!!! )

My avatar
toothlesswonder
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby toothlesswonder » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:46 pm

I've used wool from birth over them with Tate and haven't had a problem - though i took all the applix of mine so i could use them with nippas to get a better fit, but if they are for a newbie to cloth then i suspect that they'd prefer the applix. The Irish one could put a wool/fleece soaker on under a babygro, and the one in France could just use wool or fleece over the nappy with a t-shirt if it's warm enough.

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:53 pm

toothlesswonder wrote:Got to be Little Lambs bamboo - they are really absorbant, a great workhorse nappy. Nowt fancy, but they do the job.

WSS i love the Little Lamb bamboo's on Lottie when she was tiny, very easy to use too :wink: :D

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:00 pm

most of my stash are ll bamboo & I love them. They might be a bit boring to look at but they wash well & are lovely & soft.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat