hf1

Suggestions please!

My avatar
holmes2974
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Suggestions please!

Postby holmes2974 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:14 am

I want to buy a friend a cloth nappy as a present for her new baby, but am swithering about which one to get her. She's expressed an interest in trying cloth nappies so I know she'll be happy to get one. Howvever, she isn't the most patient, so I think she might give up fairly easily if we don't get it right first time (or near enough!) I was thinking a two part system might be best as it's less likely to leak for her. The baby hasn't arrived yet so I don't know what sex it'll be - I thought perhaps a neutral nappy with a pretty (but unisex) wrap.
What do you reckon?

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Suggestions please!

Postby Fayesmum » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:39 pm

Have you seen on the weenotions site the new baby nappy sets? They look quite funky :wink:

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:49 pm

Fayesmum wrote:Have you seen on the weenotions site the new baby nappy sets? They look quite funky :wink:

WSS - there was a picture of one posted not so long back and it was lovely. Personally I would stick with something easy like a Bumgenius as, if she has little patience, she might see having to use a nappy and wrap as fiddly. If she won't have a problem with 2-parters then there's so much choice: Dunk n Fluff, Hollow Oak, Wee Notions fitteds. Enjoy choosing :wine:

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:26 pm

Personally i'd go for something like a XS bamboo sandies or a bambeasie with a small or xs weenotions wrap. The 'newly hatched' embroidery is really cute!

My avatar
holmes2974
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby holmes2974 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:36 am

Thanks - I think if she gets any wicking with the pockets she'll give up, so I think I'll follow your advice and plump for a plain old Sandies but with a really cute wrap. Thanks for the help! :hug:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat