hf1

Wow, surprising nappy day (for us anyway) - long, sorry!

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Wow, surprising nappy day (for us anyway) - long, sorry!

Postby tanya » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:02 pm

Ok, so I've had huge problems with getting any nappies to last Bella any reasonable length of time and had resigned myself to changing her every 2 hours.

Well today couldn't have been more different.

Her night nappy was quite wet, but not soaked. It was a Hollow Oak Night Nappy with 2 Little Lamb bamboo night boosters and another hemp booster in, covered by her Addicted 2 Ewe crops. So that was nice - no leaks :) But I'm not counting my chickens and will continue to uber boost her night nappies for a while.

Okay, so onto the first nappy of the day. A medium Dunk n Fluff, covered with a Pixie Knits soaker and a pair of Droopy Drawers longies. This went on about 9.15am and came off at about 1.30pm, so 4.5 hours. It was wet all over, but not saturated. Probably on a little longer than it should have been, but we were in town and she really didn't want her nappy changed. So I decided to do it when we got home.

She was changed into a large Jimmy Riddles, with just the DD longies over the top - as the soaker was a bit wet from the previous nappy. Not bad, just a bit damp-ish. And then she went for a nap at 2pm. Anyway, I checked it after her nap (she didn't get up until 4.30pm) and it was completely dry, absolutely nothing in it at all. So I left it. I've just changed it (so it was on for 5.5 hours this time :oops: ) and it was damp through the wet-zone, but not really what I would call wet. Certainly not as wet as I would expect from her.

I've now put her into another large JR (although this one is much smaller than the other one) to last until bed time.

I can't beleive she's only needed 2 nappies today (I think the other one would have lasted her until bedtime!). I'm taking this as a sign of bladder awareness and am going to try potty training with her again this week. I bought a Dora the Exploerer book on potty training to try to explain to her (she loves Dora).

Dunno why I am writing this. I think I just needed to get it all down as I am so surprised! I know part of it is she hasn't had as much to drink today - she's had 3 TT cups at home and a carton of 5 alive in town - but she is drinking more milk atm. Maybe the milk makes her pee less? I dunno.

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Wow, surprising nappy day (for us anyway) - long, sorry!

Postby peachy.moo » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:53 pm

Ah that's fantastic!! For you & her!!

Fingers crossed that it continues- they do start to get so aware at this age!!

Yay for dryer nappies!!!

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:17 pm

:wine: to drier nights hopefully

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:24 pm

:wine: :wine: i am finding sam similar atm, he goes ages between pee;s so sometines a nappy will last 5-6 hours other times he floods within 10 mins and occasionaly its just a bit damp :-? :-? he is v interested in the toilet and keeps saying pee and taking his trousers off :giggle: but hasn't produced anything yet if you put him on the toilet :roll: so i think we are near PT too :cry: :cry:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:37 pm

Hurray!!

I'd say milk doesn't make them pee so much - if Isabelle has had juice or even plain water it pretty much goes straight through her within about 15-30mins usually whereas milk tends to trickle through more so she needs the loo at sporaic intervals if that makes sense? :?

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:41 pm

Wow! That's amazing ... lucky her little brother is on the way to ensure your cloth using can continue! :wink:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:43 pm

Completely makes sense to me. She's really into her milk and keeps asking for a bottle at nap-time, which I'm not giving her. If she would take it in a cup, she could have it, but not out of a bottle. That just strikes me as going backwards.

DH says not to get too enthusiastic about it yet and see if she continues. He says if she can do it for a week or so, then try potty training. Although, the Dora book I bought for her has had a really good result - she sat on the potty for the first time in 5 weeks this evening. Ok, she still had her nappy on, but she wouldn't even go near it until tonight.

Baby steps :giggle:

And yes, Zoey, the cloth obsession doesn't end here :widesmile:

My avatar
Charlootle
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Charlootle » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:44 pm

That does sound a good day! I think generally I'd have to change Jaden less if he didn't poo 6 times a day - a sign I suppose that he's no-where near ready to potty train - good excuse to buy more cloth at least, I have some making up to do having come to it so late :wink:

I hope you find your nights are drier now :D

Charlotte & Jaden x

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:35 pm

:wine: :wine:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat