Back in cloth!!!!

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Back in cloth!!!!

Postby northernruth » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:44 pm

:wine: :wine: :wine: :wine:

Well Martha has always been in sposies at night (sorry ladies) - we used pockets and it just seemed too hard to sort out a whole other system just for nights.

She was dry at night most nights even before we potty trained, usually waking up with a dry nappy, so we went nappy free at night before Christmas. Mostly very successful, but then a trip to nanas when nana put her in a cinderella pull up :roll: followed by two wet beds in a row scuppered all our good work - Martha got nervous and now insists on having a nappy on.

I hate the pull ups and they seem much more sweaty and horrible than even a normal sposie, plus they have pictures of cinderella on them so I can't help thinking she loves them for that reason alone. And she is still waking up with dry nappies so i am throwing away unused, really expensive pull ups.

And then it occurred to me - I still have quite a few nappies that I didn't get around to selling, so we have been in either a Haute Nappy or a BG AIO at night so far, we have even tried a large HH with just one bamboo insert in it - since she doesn't actually wet at night it doesn't matter, it's just for security, and if she did happen to wet the bed and the nappy leaked it's no big deal.

Anyway I am SO pleased with myself just needed to share!!!!!

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Back in cloth!!!!

Postby Frances » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:58 pm

Must be nice to have her back in cloth for a while! :wine:

My avatar
busybee
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby busybee » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:06 pm

:wine:

My wee one is normally dry at night too and it's great because you can get away with pretty much any nappy overnight :lol: as it's only there for security as you say, or sometimes just a little pee :lol: DD has gone off to bed tonight wearing a coolababy :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:22 pm

Great that you've found a use for the unsold nappies, I hope Martha's comfy in them.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:35 pm

:wine: :wine: :x

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:07 pm

:wine: :wine:

Isabelle usually wears disp pullups at night as pockets were leaking for us and I couldn't find a fitted NN big enough :roll:
But they do seem very sweaty and she's been in cloth for a few nights now and her bum is way less spotty as a result :roll:

So HURRAY for cloth glad you've cracked it!

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:15 am

What a lovely positive message :wine:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:41 am

Martha was very proud of herself this morning saying she hadn't weed in her nappy, so maybe she will be a bit more aware now. THink we may start a star chart to show her how long she can go without a wet night!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat