hf1

Nappy fairy sign up and info

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Nappy fairy sign up and info

Postby Annette » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:05 pm

I am going to join the nappy fairy and here is some info about Charlotte and what we like:

Charlotte is nearly 1 and about 23lbs. So she wears large or size 2 nappies and wraps.

Our fave nappies at the moment are pockets (Happy Heinys and gDiapers), although we do use 2 part systems too. We find most things suit us, the only nappy we ever bought that we didn't like was an Easy Peasy Harmony as it went like cardboard and I found it quite bulky because of it's stiffness.

We prefer prints to plain colours usually but like anything cute really and it doesn't have to be girly.

Annette

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:16 pm

I'll join ooooh how excting!!

OK Phebie is 8.5months and about 9 kgs (19-20lbs) and in med-lrg or size 2.

We like nippa'd, aplix & poppers (not fussy!!!). And Phebie is only a medium wee'r.

At the moment our fav type is Pockets but like two parts too (would love a kiwi quick flip :wink:) havent really had any bad experiences with a brand other than poorly looked after secondhand bubba J hemp.

We also prefer coloured or prints over plain white :D

My avatar
lilylover
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby lilylover » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:25 am

Oh me too :D :D Ok here is mine and Lily's info:

Lily is 13.5 months old and weighs approx 8.7kg (19lbs), so she wears med-lrg nappies and size 2.

We love pockets (have fuzzi's, hh and green kids) but we also love 2 parts and often use them when at home :D . I have found pretty much everything I have bought has been great although I am not too impressed with my hh (always leaks) and my cushie tushies (sorry beck :D )

Could we request either applix or popper fastening (dh would not take to kindly to using a nappi nippa!)

We prefer lovely colours and prints to plain white (like everyone else! :D )

Sam...

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:30 pm

I'll join too! :D

Matthew is almost 6 months and weighs about 17lb (8kg). He's mostly in size 2 or medium nappies (although he's almost outgrown his medium swaddlebees OV due to his chunky thighs..)

We use both 2 part systems (with PUL or wool) and pockets. The only nappies we haven't got on with so far are tots fluffles - due to the bulk - we prefer slimmer fitting nappies. We'd love to try something different - perhaps WAHM?
Any fastening is fine and we prefer colours or prints.

Ooh I'm so excited! :D

Joanne

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:45 pm

Anyone else interested :?:

Annette

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:16 pm

Yes me!! Sorry I've been a bit out of it!! What is the story, who's organising it, is it you Annette? Does it have to be a nappy or can it be a wrap? Are we going for wahm nappies or any sort? I'm wondering if we shouldn't say what we already have so we dont' end up with something we have already got? What is the last day to join and the last day to send? Sorry more questions than answers!!! I'll put some information in my newsletter that I'm about to do!

Louis is 11 months and last weigh was 10kg, could be pushing 11kg now not sure, but he is size 2 nappies, medium fuzzi size etc etc. We are allergic to white nappies and love bright colours and funky prints (not keen on really picture type prints like sports equipment and cartoony animals etc (if that makes sense??!). My current nappies with prints are both hh and I have retro dots and batik turtles if that helps understand what I like!! I love pocket nappies and would probably rather one of those or a funky wrap as I have quite alot of 'normal' nappies although wouldn't say no to something cool of course!!

My avatar
lilylover
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby lilylover » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:50 am

Good thoughts tory, I think we need all that :!: Do you need any help with it all Annette?

Sam...

My avatar
ericaj1
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ericaj1 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:18 am

Can I join in too :D Jack is about 28 lbs and is in size large in most nappies. We love pocket nappies but also use 2 parts aswell, love funky wraps to show off in summer! We have quite a few HHs and 2 FBs.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:29 pm

Edit - Isabelle now weighs 20lbs not 18 as previously thought!

Not sure if I should join... DH and I agreed that we don't need anymore nappies :(

That said he pointed out that if we were to be bought something that we wouldn't have otherwise tried then it would be a good idea!

So I guess that means count us in...

Isabelle is currently in size2 tots and medium fuzzis... She's around 18lbs (small I know!) but has big thighs and her medium HH is pretty small on her (have some large HHs on the way) so that should give you an idea of what she wears.
Also bought a medium wee-notions rainbow rainbow wrap and have had to send it back for a bigger one!

We've just got into wool wraps at night and LOVE them! She'd be a large in those too...

Right, preferences!
No velcro/applix please, poppers or nippa(pref)... (although velcro can always be removed!)
Wraps-LARGE and funky :)

Don't mind whether it's a nappy, pocket or wrap really (though no PUL wraps please) just as long as it's not white or plain!!

QUESTION: Are we ordering from the nappy supplier to deliver to the baby it's for, or are we ordering it to ourselves and then posting on?
Depending on where ordered from that could mean doubling up on postage!
Last edited by Velvetsteph on Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat