Hi, new here and a question about Weenotions

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Hi, new here and a question about Weenotions

Postby Saskia » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:13 pm

Hello :idea:

I have already introduced myself in the newcomers room - have just started getting into cloth about a month ago, and already a bit addicted (though not much to show for it yet!). My daughter is 2.5 months and I've been trying a few different nappies out - so far the Pop-In, BG Flips (love those, they are my main nappy atm), Itti Bitti SIO and I have a WNOS and a couple of BG organic AIOs and Fuzzi Bunz OS on order.

I'd also like to try the WNSS and WNNN (purely as they look gorgeous and have good reviews), but am unsure what size to go for. My daughter was 13lb two weeks ago, and wouldn't surprise me if she was nearing 15lb now - she's a real chunk with chubby thighs/big tummy. Should I stick with OS nappies until she's big enough for large? As the rate she's growing she might not get much use from medium! Also, would the high rise be better as she's so chubby? The Itti Bitti nappy we tried (in medium) didn't fit her well at all, as the rise seemed very low and I couldn't get it tight enough round her tummy to close the leg gaps.

Any nappy advice for my chunky monkey?? :giggle:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: Hi, new here and a question about WN

Postby littlesez » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:36 pm

we still use mediums. my bubs has chunky thighs but skinny bum and belly! She is 20lbs and fits fine we can use large too but prefer mediums x

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Hi, new here and a question about Weenotions

Postby nappynutter » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:46 pm

DS2 is 18m and still wears a medium.

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:52 pm

Oh that's good to know - I thought mediums would be outgrown well before a year! I'd probably get high rise though to see her through...

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:28 pm

Amber is 1 and is 21.5 lbs and is on the tightest snaps all round in a Large high rise. She would probably still fit Mediums but we dont have any as we got bad leg gape at one point. She has a skinny waist and chubby thighs xx

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:47 pm

I have two sons as well (age 5 and 2), and they were both 20lbs by 6 months old - so can see my daughter being the same. As I say she's probably around 15lbs now, and she's wearing 3-6 month clothes (which are snug!). So I'm wondering if I should just go for a large high rise for her to grow into if she'll fit it in a couple of months...

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:51 pm

Hi Saskia :idea: fancy meeting you here :giggle:

Sandy is wearing large wee notions at 6 months, i think he was 5.5 months when i got the first one and it gaped a little in the legs but fits perfectly now. Ive not had him weighed for a while but i think he would be 20-21lb just now.

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:27 am

HighlandMum wrote:Hi Saskia :idea: fancy meeting you here :giggle:

Sandy is wearing large wee notions at 6 months, i think he was 5.5 months when i got the first one and it gaped a little in the legs but fits perfectly now. Ive not had him weighed for a while but i think he would be 20-21lb just now.

Jenna! :hug:

I think I'm going to get more one size until she's a few months older then go crazy with the sized nappies. I really begrudge spending money on nappies she's going to grow out of!

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:30 am

I think thats quite sensible :) I held out buying too many until recently when Sandy went into the larges as i felt the same.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat