hf1

Hi, new here and a question about Weenotions

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Hi, new here and a question about Weenotions

Postby Sunset » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:04 pm

We went in to larges around 5 months and he would have fit in them at 4 months tbh. He's now about 24lb but was 16lb at 4 months. We just use the standard rise larges.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:07 pm

Gracie will be 2 on Monday and a medium would still fit her waist wise but is too short on the rise!! SHe is in large standard rise on not quite the tightest snaps, she is long and skinny though, with slim legs :D

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:21 pm

Sunset wrote:We went in to larges around 5 months and he would have fit in them at 4 months tbh. He's now about 24lb but was 16lb at 4 months. We just use the standard rise larges.

That's really helpful thanks! Do you think the high rise large would be too big then if you are using standards? Is there much difference? I just want something that will last until she doesn't need them anymore!

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:23 pm

Alister is in a medium wnss its on the 2nd tightest snaps hes 20lb. so i would reccomend a medium!

oh and we use the standard rise but i do have a high rise coming to try out :)

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:32 pm

Max is 13 months, 22lbs, skinny waisted, chubby thighed and quite tall and he still fits well into his medium Northern Lights as well as his large SS.

Love Freya's squishy cheeks on your avatar pic - reminds me of Max at that age as he was a chubba-bubba too :giggle:

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:50 pm

Emma1977 wrote:Max is 13 months, 22lbs, skinny waisted, chubby thighed and quite tall and he still fits well into his medium Northern Lights as well as his large SS.

Love Freya's squishy cheeks on your avatar pic - reminds me of Max at that age as he was a chubba-bubba too :giggle:

Hehe thanks! She's such a squidge it's lovely!

Arrggh I don't know what to do then about the size - will just have to get the one size until she's big enough for large. I'm not buying medium from new if she'll grow out of it at 5 months. Preloved on the other hand... :wink:

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:27 pm

Saskia wrote:
Sunset wrote:We went in to larges around 5 months and he would have fit in them at 4 months tbh. He's now about 24lb but was 16lb at 4 months. We just use the standard rise larges.

That's really helpful thanks! Do you think the high rise large would be too big then if you are using standards? Is there much difference? I just want something that will last until she doesn't need them anymore!

Possibly, although they are only an inch higher in the rise. It just depends how long in the body your LO is. Isaiah is not particularly long but does have a big bum and the standard rise is plenty for us. On the leg snaps he is on the 2nd loosest and 2nd & 3rd loosest around the waist.

I went straight into larges as he had 11.5in thigh and a 17inch waist at that time and thought I'd get much more use out of them, and I'm glad I skipped mediums completely.

Try some pre-loved, you can always resell if the fit isn't right x

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:34 pm

Ok so I finally found myself a proper tape measure and measured Freya -

At 11 weeks old today, she has a 16.5 inch rise (with a BG Flip on), 10 inch thighs and an 18 inch waist!! :shock: :shock:

I think the large (standard rise) SS pockets will fit her fine according to the measurements table! What a chunk! I've just bought some mediums off classifieds too which probably won't fit her long :giggle: Good thing they have pretty good resale value.

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:44 pm

Grace has always been chunky & grew out of her mediums too quickly for my liking :x The large standard rise fit brilliantly. I've got some of DD1's od large AI2's which I think are the same as a high rise & although they fit the rise is too big & verging on simon cowell like! :giggle:

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat