hf1

Cloth hindering movement?

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Cloth hindering movement?

Postby HighlandMum » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:59 am

We had a a very big pmm a few days ago, Sandy rolled over for the first time :wine: He has done it a couple of times since but only when he has nappy free time. Did you have similar experiences with you lo's? Im hoping once he starts doing it more he will be able to manage it with his nappy on too?

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Cloth hindering movement?

Postby autumnalgirl » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:56 am

:wine: woo hoo!!! I'm sure all of mine started off with naked rolling and progressed onto lets roll as mummy attempts to put the nappy on, followed by rolling whatever. Dylanwas the only one to use rolling as a means of transport but then the other two crawled much erlier thanhe did.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:16 am

i too wondered this a little while ago with taliesin, but saying that, now the little monkey is off when ever possible, regardless of nappy or no nappy. he finds it harder to move in say a wnnn but we've been trying to source some quite trim nappies of late and this seems to work better for him but i think after a bit he'll move regardless of the nappy.

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:59 pm

I never found cloth to be any sort of impediment to movement with either of mine, but if it is slowing your LO down temporarily, don't worry, it won't be for long! :wink:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:22 pm

Didn't affect Gracie at all I don't think, Kieran sat at 16 weks so can really use him as comparisson but Gracie hasn't been delayed or struggled at all in cloth not even at night x

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:23 pm

Bella was much like Sandy. Started off rolling during nappy free time, but soon progressed to moving however she wanted regardless of the size of her nappy. NOw, she even manages to run around in even the bulkiest night nappies!!

Don't worry, he'll get it soon enough. Then you'll be wanting your static baby back :giggle:

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:05 pm

Riley had to go to the physio a few weeks ago, we've been waiting for an appt for ages because of various (slight) physical problems. Anyway the physio did say to make sure she had plenty of nappy free time, but that the cloth nappies would not be delaying her progress and even said that they would help her when she's sitting as they would prop her up in the right way.

My avatar
cvdbout
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby cvdbout » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:22 pm

DD doesn't really roll over in cloth, but she does balance very well when sitting up! I remember the same thing happening with DS... not to mention the cushioned landings when they fell on their bum :giggle:

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:58 pm

we are the opposite, she only rolled when she had the nappy on and trousers off, if she has a slim nappy on she cant do it as well, i have worried about the nappies hindering her movement in other areas though, think this is just worrying though i havent really noticed anything.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat