hf1

Cloth Nappy Help

My avatar
laymon
Clothie
Clothie

Postby laymon » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:41 pm

I would've thought it would save you money to keep and use the cloth, even part-time...that's 4 nappies a day it's saving you. You've got them now, so it's not like you need to spend anymore money on them, they would wash with a bunch of towels at a 60c wash so you wouldn't need any extra washes doing or to use any extra washing powder.

How many disposables do you get in a packet? 36? If so, and if you used 6 nappies a day that would cut you down to only using 2 disposables a day and extend your pack of 36 nappies from lasting 6 days to lasting 18 days.

Are you sure we can't tempt you into trying them again? :wink:

My avatar
buzzybee21
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby buzzybee21 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:51 pm

And its not just us that think its cheaper.....

**http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/cheap-nappies

My avatar
Jandy
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Jandy » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:01 pm

AnnetteandBen wrote:
personally i couldn't afford not to use cloth nappies :roll:

Same here!
Jane

My avatar
Emmy

Postby Emmy » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:16 pm

you all so much for your advice. I know that you all mean well and I know it makes sense to buy the cloth nappies but on such a low income now hubby has had to change his job we really cant afford £6 + per nappy.

I really appreciate your help and advice

xxxxxxxxxxxx :)

My avatar
laymon
Clothie
Clothie

Postby laymon » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:50 pm

Emmy wrote:you all so much for your advice. I know that you all mean well and I know it makes sense to buy the cloth nappies but on such a low income now hubby has had to change his job we really cant afford £6 + per nappy.

You don't need to buy any more, just the 4 that you already have will save you some money.

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:12 pm

I too agree that i couldn't afford disposables now..... :?

My avatar
evel-lin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby evel-lin » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:20 pm

Emmy wrote:you all so much for your advice. I know that you all mean well and I know it makes sense to buy the cloth nappies but on such a low income now hubby has had to change his job we really cant afford £6 + per nappy.

You don't have to use cloth full time. Just use the ones that you've got already and that will save you some money. When they're in the wash you can use your normal disposables :-)

My avatar
tinderboxy
Clothie
Clothie

Postby tinderboxy » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:42 pm

AnnetteandBen wrote:
personally i couldn't afford not to use cloth nappies :roll:

Me neither! Up to a tenner a week on sposies just to get chucked in the bin? Can't really see how that's cheaper than using cloth.

My avatar
artiezoo
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby artiezoo » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:42 pm

I love not having to buy an expensive pack of nappies everytime I do the weekly shop, it makes so much difference. To think of the money I wasted with my eldest by using dispos. :shock:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat