Nappies for nursery???

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Nappies for nursery???

Postby clairelana » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:17 pm

HIya,
Kaydi is going to be going to nursery 1 day a week for 8 weeks.
What nappies do you think I should use?

My stash mainly consists of fitteds, I use wool and fleece over them. I won't be sending my wool but do you think fitteds with fleece will be ok?

I do have a couple of old BG's and a BBOS. Would you recomend BG's? If so where sells the snap fastening ones at a good price, I might invest in a couple more.

Thank you.
x

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Nappies for nursery???

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:19 pm

We use velcro pockets only at nursery at present... Stuffed accordingly with plenty...

So:
Happy Heinys (a few pretty prints too and they're all poly now)
Naturebabies pockets
Bumgenius
Blueberry Onesize
Slinki Minki
Weenotions Onesize

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:25 pm

Fitteds with fleece should be fine! I have to admit I never had an issue with nursery over nappies, I sent in all sorts and they just quite happily used whaterver I sent in.

Jan x

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:42 pm

Our nursery copes with whatever I send in, although for ease it's usually Jimmy Riddles fitteds and PUL wraps. Once our flongies arrive, I will be sending her in them instead :)

My avatar
VICKERSHOUSE
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby VICKERSHOUSE » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:08 pm

I usually send bamboozels or little lambs and pul wraps in to nursery but they are going through a phase of loosing them without trace atm :-? :x so nothing expensive goes in

I actually phoned the director and left a mesage today telling them i was sending in a bill for replacements - so will see how we get on :-?

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:15 pm

Ella uses pockets, so mainly BBSS or OS. She went in with wool this week for the first time because we ran out of pockets (DH used most of them up at the weekend and doesn't use the washing machine).

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:16 pm

I would send fitteds and either wraps or fleece if you find it works for you...

I sent pockets to start with when Megan went to nursery but we had leak after leak problem with them either not fitting right or being changed enough...so i switched to bamboo little lambs and they were fab...

When i was going to go back to work this time I was building a DnF stash for kieren...im still building it now actually :giggle:

My avatar
tracedw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby tracedw » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:52 pm

Conan starts nursery tomorrow :D , only 1/2 day a week, and they dont seem to have a problem with washables at all, a couple other babies there are in fitteds and PUL. I am going to start with velcro pockets and see how they get on, if they get leaks then i`ll change to fitteds and wool.

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:20 pm

Thanx ladies :D
I might get a couple of pockets but we've not really used pockets in a while so I don't know how they will stand up to Kaydi's power wee's :giggle:
To be honest she uses the potty/ toilet quite a bit now but it depends if she tells them or not :roll: She sometimes starts to do it in her nappy then realises so we can go through quite alot of nappies in some days. It depends what she's doing too, if she's playing she often uses her nappies.
I'm not ready to part with my fluff yet so she'll be in nappies for a bit yet :oops: That sound bad on reading back :giggle:

hmm now we've been using fitteds with fleece skirts alot recently and they work really well. I might have to make a couple more skirts so we have some spare to send. I supose I could make some flongies too, I only tend to use them at nights at the moment though. I think the skirts look much nicer on.

Now I'm confused :hohoho: I think I will give them a ring to warn them. I doubt anyone already uses them round here. Even will all mine and Lisa's promoting. Ah well I'll update with what they say.

x

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat