hf1

Turning longies into crops??

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Turning longies into crops??

Postby sophie2198 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:26 pm

Just wondered if anyone has had this done , either by yourself if you can knit or by a WAHM?

I have lots of lovely pairs of longies but after this summer they wont be used again for day use as H has to be potty trained by september for nursery.....Im not planning on p/ting for nights anytime soon but i have soakers for nights...

I want some crops/boardies for H for the summer as he only has 1 pair now (sold others last autumn as knew they wouldnt fit this summer) but i dont have loads of money to spend on new ones as much as i would love to , plus if he's only going to wear them for a few months it seems silly.....

So could i get his longies , or atleast some of them turned into crops? Do WAHM's do this? And how? Could they use the current trim and put them back onto the crops so they would still be trimmed , iygwim? :oops:

Help , im clueless! :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Turning longies into crops??

Postby babyroo » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:31 pm

I have done it before.

Whether or not you can use the existing trim depends on how felted the bottoms have got.

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:14 pm

babyroo wrote:I have done it before.

Whether or not you can use the existing trim depends on how felted the bottoms have got.

Oooh this is definitely worth me bearing in mind! Amber has a lot of longies im not sure whether they'd fit still this winter so could save them and get them cropped for next summer :D

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:16 pm

I was thinking about this!

Ali i need your help. :wink:

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:23 pm

Could you turn them into convertables? Might be nice to be able to use them as longies again come winter. They also would probably sell better if they are outgrown.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat