hf1

My Nappies are here! just a quick question lol

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

My Nappies are here! just a quick question lol

Postby HannahBanana » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:45 am

How many times do I need to wash them before I can try them out?

I didn't realise the Mommy's Touch doesn't come with an insert either! gggrrr! wasn't cheap either. I love them already and haven't even tried them on her yet. they are soooo soft!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:56 am

oooh how exciting. I am very jealous :lol:

To get up to full absorbency most people say cotton needs washing about 3 times, bamboo and hemp lots more.

But what I tend to do is maybe wash just once to make sure they are clean and then accept that they maybe will need changing more frequently in the beginning until they have been washed a few times.

Depends how impatient you are :wink:

If you do wash them more than once, then you don't need to dry them in between, just keep switching the machine back on.

Do you have anything you can stuff the MT with to try it out?

Can't wait to here how you get on. I hope you like them.

Annette

My avatar
lilylover
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby lilylover » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:56 am

Yay for new nappies :D :D Usually they only need one wash but if they are hemp or bamboo they will need at least three. Oh I'm so excited for you, I hope you get on well with them :D

Sam...

My avatar
lilylover
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby lilylover » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:59 am

Whoops Annette we just posted at the same time :D

Sam...

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:04 am

I've got 2 inserts with the fuzzis but that's it. I am still waiting on my HH but aren't expecting them anytime soon because she added them to her order from the US.

Think I will stick them in the wash now and get them dry for tomorrow. I only have 3 but i need to try them to see what i like best before I buy more! Can't wait to get my HH though! :D

I would love to get another Mommy's Touch but it doesn't seem worth it when the Fuzzis come with insert and are 50p cheaper??!!??!!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:14 am

Wow look at that Sam, we posted at exactly the same time from opposite ends of the world :shock:

Hannah you are right about the Mommy's Touch and Fuzzis - the MT would usually work out cheaper over time as it it birth to potty but once you get onto bigger sizes it doesn't matter.

Annette

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat