hf1

wicking HL AI2

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

wicking HL AI2

Postby shoogah01 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:01 pm

I recently bought a Holden's landing AI2 with serged edges (preloved) and tried it for the first time today and it wicked really badly :cry: is there anything I can do to stop this happening? I really don't want to end up having to put cover over it since it matches a dress :x

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: wicking HL AI2

Postby rhead » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:26 pm

Oh no, I was just saying how I found ours so much more reliable than our t&t one! :giggle: The first thing I always try is a spin in the tumble-dryer to reseal the PUL, it can work wonders. You might have just been unlucky with your timing (a power-wee?). I wouldn't have trusted mine for more than 3 hours max, but we never had any leaks - the t&t one was more like 1-2 hours :-?.

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:28 pm

it was only on for an hour max :cry: we don't have a drier either :(

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:29 pm

:(

Do you have the extra booster with it? That will help to add absorbency, also, i seem to remember a GK Bamboo booster fits well under the contoured soaker.

My avatar
VICKERSHOUSE
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby VICKERSHOUSE » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:32 pm

We had this problem with cotton outer ai2 as well, i tried a itti bitti mini bamboo booster under the soaker and this helped add some absorbancy without bulk, but still only lasted about 2 hours before it needed changing :(

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:44 pm

I haven't got any other boosters that would fit, was thinking of trying a bedbug insert in it until I can pick up some that will fit properly :oops: I was also thinking of adding some new PUL to the inside but I don't have an over locker and that would be a bit extreme

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:09 pm

I have a spare HL inner set on the classifieds if youre interested...

I think adding some PUL would be extreme too - im sure with the right inners you'll get on better with it. Never had any issues with our serged HL AI2, i used to use the contour soaker and additional lay in soaker.

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:12 pm

Rox wrote:I have a spare HL inner set on the classifieds if youre interested...

I think adding some PUL would be extreme too - im sure with the right inners you'll get on better with it. Never had any issues with our serged HL AI2, i used to use the contour soaker and additional lay in soaker.

That would be great thank you, if you send me your PP address could I get that from you please?

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:26 pm

Do you have a friend/relative/neighbour who could tumble it for you? A Bedbug booster should work fine to boost it, the Greenkids are a very similar shape (long and narrow), that's why they're good. :wink:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat