hf1

thinking of giving up on cloth nappies :(

My avatar
dottiemum
Clothie
Clothie

thinking of giving up on cloth nappies :(

Postby dottiemum » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:28 pm

i have spent a small fortune on nappies and have not found one that works for my little one i love them so much but delila is a heavy wetter and so slim that no nappy will last more than 2 hours and wraps always cut into ther legs as she is so slim the need to be tight around the waist. i have tryed loads fo pockets and AIO, got some tots bots easy fits comming which i hope will work, does anyone have any advice please :(

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: thinking of giving up on cloth nappies :(

Postby weefywoo » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:30 pm

I found when dd2 was going through a heavy wetting stage pockets never worked and AIO's were useless, We got/get on far better with fitted nappies & wraps/Wool

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:31 pm

I never got on with AIOs but we used a lot of medium fuzzis, with greenkids bamboo inserts and a microfibre booster for the speedy absorbtion. HOpe you find something that works soon :hug:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:32 pm

What do you stuff your pockets with? Changing that may help although I do agree with Frances, pockets/AIOs generally don't work very well with heavy wetters at all. You are far better of using fitted nappies with fleece or wool covers over the top. Bamboo nappies are slim and absorbent so I'd recommend getting some preloved ones to try as well as some preloved fleece and wool to see how you get on. You might also find that side snapping nappies will be better as there are two ros of poppers - one for the waist and one for the legs. Hope you find something that works for you.

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:37 pm

Elsie's like this & although i adored my pockets/ AIO, i adore my fitteds & wool/ fleece just as much (possibly even more!!! :shock: :giggle: )

I've found my HL Day Fitteds last about 3hrs as does my FnS!! Basic Mothers ease sandies, boosted with microfibre & Itti trifold lasts up to 4hrs for us under wool or fleece...

My avatar
dottiemum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby dottiemum » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:42 pm

i use tots bots bambozzles and i have around 6 of ther new ons which r fab mainly with all kinds of wraps minky,beehinds,totsbots,littlelambs got two more to try but all of them leave really bad marks or soak through.

i have sold most of my pockets as they was rubbish

I love tots bots as i find them really easy to use but dont last more than 2 hours even boosted up with bamboo inserts.

do mind spending money at all as long as they work i have paid £30 for quight a few from america as i am always looking :oops:

Just so fed up now of delilah having red and wet bits all the time well from when she turned 1 so 9 months now :(

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:45 pm

The fleece or wool really is wonderful- we got red marks with normal wraps, but the fleece soakers/ flongies are so comfy/ don't leak or leave red marks!!

Wool is even better!! lol!!

Really hope that someone can suggest some nappies for you to try....

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:49 pm

I find weenotions northern lights the most absorbant, and for wraps upsy daisy as they are high cut so don't dig in,
but we are moving to wool or fleece wraps soon,

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:56 pm

i think as louise suggested you would be best looking for side snap as you can then get the leg and waist setting different so that they fit well without being too tight around the legs. Or as also suggsted, wool is very versatile and can be good for heavy wetters.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat