hf1

What should I buy?

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

What should I buy?

Postby Saskia » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:49 pm

Can all the experts give me some advice with what nappies to buy next?!

I have currently got 4 BG flips with 4 extra inserts (which I'm considering selling)
1 dream dri Pop-In
2 Fuzzi Bunz OS
2 BG organic AIO
2 medium WNSS (which I will have to sell on again soon as they are already snug on Freya!)

I also have 2 large WNSS and 1 WNOS on order... What should I buy next? I don't have enough nappies to use cloth full time atm obviously, and I'm really trying to gradually build up my pitiful stash so I can make the move to full time cloth. I did try an Itti Bitti SIO but it leaked massively :( Would an AIO version be better?

I've found the BG organic AIO are the best for fit and reliability so far, they are completely bomb proof. Unfortunately they take a long time to dry so will probably only get another couple of those. Also I much prefer poppers to velcro/aplix.

If you had, say £50-100 right now - what would you buy if you were me?! :D

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: What should I buy?

Postby rhead » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:10 pm

I like Wee Notions best (stuffed with a P'tits Dessous bamboo insert and, if I want it to last extra-long, a Greenkids hemp booster (most people use Easy Peasy hemp but I find them a bit wide :wink:). Have you tried Blueberries? We got on quite well with those too, but I always went for my embroidered WNs first so ended up selling all of them on :oops:. I'm all about the minkee when it comes to pockets!

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:19 pm

I would get a few fitteds personally!

Dunk n Fluff, Luscious Little Something, Sweetiebums, Fluff n Stuff to name but a few!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:23 pm

I agree with Vikki, deffinatly some fitteds!! I would go with either Dunk n Fluff or goodmamas!

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:39 pm

Don't fitteds get sodden and horrible to touch though? I have only ever tried Motherease one size (a long time ago with my son) and they put me off reusables altogether. It's only when I realised there was a lot more options and pockets/AIOs that I decided to give it another go!

Which wraps are good? I am really not sure about wool I have to be honest! Plus it's so expensive and needs replacing often as they grow.

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:41 pm

Also, do the fitteds you mentioned need boosting or are they all one thing (apart from the wrap)? I know you can probably boost all nappies, but do you have to with the fitteds - if so what do you use?

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:51 pm

I have a very large collection of fitted nappies that I use with fleece and wool over, I prefer them to pockets because they give us a much better fit on our chunky girl, have never once leaked and are much more breathable than PUL lined pockets, I have never boosted them so no help there I'm afraid.

we use: Holden's landings, stinky couture, puddlekins, sweetiebums and flutterbye fluff's to name a few :giggle:
Have fun deciding what nappies to try :wine:

My avatar
helenNt
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby helenNt » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:52 pm

Have you tried the normal bg pockets if you like the fit of the all in one organic. I use both of these and the bg pocket is much quicker drying and more absorbent than the aio.

One that is on my list to try is a rumparooz as it has the extra gusset to help with containment of poos.

I like the fit of the bumgenius nappies. I have a few different types but the bg is definitely the best fitting and has been a good fit for the last year that we have been using them and are the reason I went back to cloth.

Two partners I find too bulky under normal clothing I think ds has short legs so we can't get away with going to the next size up. Though having said that I do use them for nights as pockets weren't enough but we use night nappies hl, wnnn, udnn and ho.

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:04 pm

I prefer the BG AIO as it's poppered - I really dislike velcro! I also prefer the leg gusset on the AIO over the V3...

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat