Bulk Buys of size1/small cloth nappies

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Bulk Buys of size1/small cloth nappies

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:38 pm

Hi guys,

My friend is thinking of buying from the bumpto3 catalogue a first size pack of plain bamboozles... (I'll hook her with colours later :roll:) 15 size 1 plain bamboozles, and 4 wraps for £155...

I couldn't believe she was actually looking at bambino mio too after the problems she had with the council run laundry service last time :roll: but for her they're cheap...
SO I'm going to lend her all my size1 prefolds and small wraps with some fleece liners...

BUT she needs a good pack of fitteds really as baby lucas does THE most explosive poos!! :lol:
She doesn't have a tumbledrier so I was thinking around 15 nappies, a mix of cotton, microfibre and bamboo to see what she gets on with best... preferably from the same place! And probably around 4 wraps to start with.

Now I have bought her some nappies already - she's got some sandies and two wraps but she's worried little Lucas isn't big enough for them yet (so how she thought the tots wouldn't!!) but I will keep trying to persuade her to try them as he's got to be at least 8lbs by now...

I was thinking of recommending little-lambs as I know you got on well with them Rae (even tho' my cotton little lamb looked worn out super quick!)

Any advice guys? She's really trying to save money here so doesn't want to spend a fortune...

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:45 pm

I would fully recommend the little lambs for value for money and they have kept all our poo explosions in too - we have had some major ones recently.

I would probably recommend getting in contact with the people at little lambs and mixing everything about - although I did my order before they started the other fabrics, getting less wraps and more nappies stuff like that. or no wraps altogether and getting other wraps - not that I have ever had a problem with them I just prefer other ones.

The only other option would be going with something 1 size if he is 8lbs all ready like a MEOS both cotton and bamboo version, then she could try onesize pockets too, so perhaps my shopping list for her would be something like,

4 cotton little lambs
3 mf little lambs
3 bamboo little lambs
1 MEOS
1 Bamboo MEOS
1 bumgenious
1 Happy Heiny one size
1 swaddlebees ov os (just because I adore these!)

1 weenotions wrap
1 ME rikki
1 little lamb

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:47 pm

Sad as it seems I don't think I can tempt her with pockets yet!!

Glad to hear how good the little lambs are though - I'll put her onto them and hopefully she can sort something out... Cheers Annette!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:48 pm

also to add, I have found the tots still bigger than the little lambs in the tabs and wish they would cross over like the little lambs to get a better fit on both the cotton and bamboozle we have and Ben is now 12lbs :shock:

My avatar
raffertygrey
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby raffertygrey » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:01 pm

I love the Little Lambs bamboo but my cotton ones seemed to get tatty really quick too. Didn't like the LL wraps.

Especially if she hasn't got a drier, have you thought about some popper Fluffles? I know they are not natural fabric but they have a lot going for them for tinies. We loved them when P was small, they fit well (you can fold the front over), had the major cute factor, worked well and dried mega quick.

And we have about 6 Fluffles in VGC (because Tots replaced the first lot due to a faulty fleece lining and these weren't used for long) which we could sell if she wanted to consider pre-loved!! :wink:

Oh and wraps...I'd go with Motherease or Wee Notions over everything else.

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:03 pm

I found tots bots better than little lambs because they fitted my dd a lot longer so worked out better value in the long run.
Would she buy preloved? That would be cheaper still.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:13 pm

I only fall back on my fluffle as a last resort and think its only been used 3 times in nearly 4 months, should try it more perhaps.

I could think of selling some items preloved (1 x micro diddy size 1 as again I barely use that one, I do have 2 little lambs size 1 wraps never used in the sale section. I could find some other wraps too if needed)

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:13 pm

I think for now she wants something really simple and has her mind set on a set :lol:

Fluffles are very bulky on a newborn so I wouldn't recommend them to her at this stage I think...

I'll ask her about preloved... Would save her a packet if she will!!

I remember how I was when Isabelle was born though - even skintos I preferred new stuff :D Now - not so bothered :lol:

My avatar
chocolatebrownie
Clothie
Clothie

Postby chocolatebrownie » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:01 pm

i really like little lambs bamboo. and also tots bamboozle. the little lamb is softer but the tots is popper, a bit bigger and will probably last longer. especially as the boy is now starting to undo velcro.

i found the cotton little lamb i had looked pretty worn out fairly quickly.

i would try and persuade your friend not to get a set of nappies. it's great if they work out fine. but if not she'll have loads of nappies that don't work for her baby.

i found fluffles absorbant, and dried quickly. but they made him pretty sweaty and were pretty huge. i now have one microfibre nappy- a bambineo teddy nappy. it's great for "the nappies aren't dry yet emergencies" so it gets used quite alot! :D

in orkney they used to give out a starter set of cloth nappies
it contained
one mother ease one size
one tots fluffle popper
one tots cotton nippa fastening
one minki pocket
one little ewe terry square
one nappy nation prefold
one rikki wrap
one airflow wrap
one nappy nippa

i would suggest something like the above plus a little lamb bamboo nappy. sorry can't give you set above as i've promised it to someone else!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat