hf1

Bulk Buys of size1/small cloth nappies

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:28 am

If she is certain she wants to buy a set of something then I think the Little Lambs are a very good idea. You can mix up the bamboo, cotton and mf and they are relatively cheap.

I do think they look a little tired after a while but the quality doesn't seem to diminish in terms of fit and absorbency. She could always branch out into a few funky wraps down the line to brighten them up a bit.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Bulk Buys of size1/small cloth nappies

Postby JanX » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:09 pm

what about more sandies? you can get them in bamboo now too! and babykind do a discount on them if 6 or more are ordered! could continue with the motherease wraps too from the same place!

the small sandies are fab on a little one and if he's 8lbs ish they will fit a treat and I NEVER had a leak with them no matter how explosive :lol:

jan x

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:03 am

Now that they're dyed, I love my bamboozles as they're just SO reliable (admittedly they were a bit boring when they were unbleached). We did the same as your friend and bought a 15 pack of size 1 and also of size 2, from *www.thenaturalbabyresource.com £285 for the lot, I think we got away with the size 1 up to about 3 months and then had to switch. You can fold the bigger ones down and nippa them though for smaller babies, so what about size 2's instead, then she could use them right through?

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:13 pm

My cotton little lambs were great value, and worked well for us. However we did find that round the elastic they did take a while to dry. I think the shape of the bambineo's (wam bamboo or whatever they want to call themselves) are very similiar to the little lambs, but they dry slightly quicker around the elastic (with no tumble dryer this may be a consideration). There were a few places with the bambineo's on sale (but can't think where off the top of my head).
My cotton little lambs were used for 8 months, tumble dried 90% of the time, and they are still in pretty good condition. Actually half of them are on loan with someone due to pop any day now.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:25 pm

Just wanted to add does she think 15 nappies is really going to be enough, without falling back on disps.

There have been days (I'm sure people remember some of the posts) that Ben was getting through 12 nappies in 24 hours on a bad day and a good / normal day was 9 or 10, so with washing and drying without a drier I would probably say go for 20 to 24 minimum and as we don't have a drier most cotton nappies are taking 24 hours to dry and the bamboo ones are 36 to 48 hours :shock:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:42 pm

AnnetteandBen wrote:Just wanted to add does she think 15 nappies is really going to be enough, without falling back on disps.

Well she's already got some sandys but I think she's thinking in terms of how often she changes him in disps - Which is probably 4hrly if he hasn't poo'd... :?

Plus the tots pack in bumpto3 was 15 nappies...

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:36 pm

Maybe Ben is just a poo machine :roll: more than other children as it was only a couple of weeks ago we were getting up to 6 a day :?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:38 pm

AnnetteandBen wrote:Maybe Ben is just a poo machine :roll: more than other children as it was only a couple of weeks ago we were getting up to 6 a day :?

Isabelle was the same for AGES - every single nappy I changed (around 2-3hrly but often more frequently!) was a pooey one...

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:42 pm

The strange thing is he is supposed to be constipated due to the ff, but I don't think anyone told him that - 3 times in under 1 1/2 hrs was his personal best :roll:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat