hf1

Argh disposables!! Update

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Argh disposables!! Update

Postby Fayesmum » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:05 pm

:x Mondays really ruin our week in cloth, she has to wear sposies for her time at my friends who minds her whilst I'm at college. She was changed this morning at 11 and then they went out to a music group after lunch, she wasnt changed again because when she should have been done there was a queue at the changing table apparently (personally I use the floor - even in a quiet corner at Costa Coffee the other week though it was only a wet one) she didn't get done cause then my friend was in a rush to leave to be back on time for me. So by the time I've got her home her clothes are wet, shes needed a full change and I just hate using them :evil: And not using them from one week to the next I really notice how much they stink :x

I know if she was in cloth for that length of time her clothes would still be wet but thats not really my point. She is now back in a thick squidgy kiwi flip and a dry bum :wine: I hope to be going back to college in September 3 days a wk and my friend has said she has been asked to work for her hubby, so Faye will have to go to Nursery - she'll be in cloth then!
Last edited by Fayesmum on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Argh disposables!!

Postby dawnsmummy » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:08 pm

Mum demands dawn in sposies too, they're awful arent they? :puke:

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:13 pm

i've had t go 4-5 hours in wool and fitted's :oops: busy day in town that day. think t might have to have a sposie when my sis has him for the day when i have this baby, personally i think i'd rather send him with one or two pockets and some wool. sposies really do ming, and i ain't a fan of winnie the shite at the best of times. why is that wierd bear always on sposies?!

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:36 pm

I hate them, I really really do.... I'm desperately trying to be positive and look at the good side of her going there like being in a different environment, being with someone other than me, doing new activities and playing with my friends children (one is 3 wks older than F and the other is 4 this summer). She won't even try though, I broached the subject before xmas and she wasn't interested - what would she do with the dirty nappy and even when I'd gone through it with she wasn't keen... I wasn't offering to send anything difficult, even got some preloved Coolababy pockets (thanks Megansmummy!) off here hoping she'd give them a go but no :roll: :evil:

The more I think about it come September who ever is looking after her, cloth is being used for definite. I might even invest in some cheeky wipes as well (save my lovely wn ones for us! :wink: )

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:59 pm

hmmmm do u have any aplix ones? my sis finds them more like sposies as she finds the poppers fiddly.x

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:56 pm

I hate using disposables now, and I honestly never thought I'd be saying that a few months ago! They don't stay in place like a reusable does and I have noticed the difference in smell too. Unfortunately I'm still having to use them occasionally as I don't have enough cloth nappies to go full time atm, but I'm slowly working on it! I do hate my disposable days though when my nappies are drying!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:59 pm

Nevermind the disposables yakky as they are there is no excuse in my book for not changing a child and it is neglect...

Seriously...

Tell her you are quite happy for her to be 5-10mins late if it means your LO has a clean dry bum...

Disgusting behaviour quite frankly! :shock:

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:06 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:Nevermind the disposables yakky as they are there is no excuse in my book for not changing a child and it is neglect...

Seriously...

Tell her you are quite happy for her to be 5-10mins late if it means your LO has a clean dry bum...

I know, that was the other side of my gripe but I wasn't saying anything on here about it :-? Nice someone else has picked up on it though - thanks :hug: And I know, I know, I know she is my daughter but I'm not one to rock the boat and I really don't want to cause problems probably one of the downsides mixing friendship with business :( Perhaps even if her proposition does falls through I'll put Faye somewhere else and then I won't have qualms in saying something

My avatar
babygrowbelly
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby babygrowbelly » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:40 pm

Fayesmum wrote:
Velvetsteph wrote:Nevermind the disposables yakky as they are there is no excuse in my book for not changing a child and it is neglect...

Seriously...

I know, that was the other side of my gripe but I wasn't saying anything on here about it :-? Nice someone else has picked up on it though - thanks :hug: And I know, I know, I know she is my daughter but I'm not one to rock the boat and I really don't want to cause problems probably one of the downsides mixing friendship with business :( Perhaps even if her proposition does falls through I'll put Faye somewhere else and then I won't have qualms in saying something

come to England and I will look after her :giggle: i use cloth you know :wink:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat