hf1

Argh disposables!! Update

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Argh disposables!! Update

Postby nappynutter » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:35 pm

Oh, I wasn't getting at you at all! I was just letting you know that part of the criteria your friend has to meet for her to be allowed to be a registered childminder is that she takes into account your baby's nappy changing needs. So yes, if your baby wears cloth and needs changed more often, she should do it. :hug:

Sorry if you though I was getting at you. :oops:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:07 pm

Fayesmum wrote:
nappynutter wrote:Nappies should not be changed at certain times of the day. They should be changed according to the specific needs of the child. In this case it would mean using cloth nappies and changing them when they need changed.

I hope people aren't thinking I stick to a timetable when changing her myself, I don't as I've already said it just works out that she is changed roughly at the same time each day but she would be done more frequently if needed.... Kinda feeling the need to justify myself today, this whole thing has really pissed me off :cry:

I always changed Martha at the same times (roughly) every day, unless she was dirty. I think most of us do. Don't be stressed about it! I'm sure that's not what nappynutter meant - more that not all children should be changed at the same time to suit the childminder IYSWIM.

Martha has peed through a pampers in less than 4 hours, in the summer just before she PTd - we were out for the day and I put her in a sposie cos we were having trouble with leaks with our pockets, turned out she was power weeing and the sposie made no difference

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:21 pm

Its ok, no offfence taken. I realise I'm being daft and irrational, I also feel guilty as hell but its not as if I had any control over the situation anyway :roll:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:23 pm

Don't feel guilty, it's only a wet bottom! The important thing is that you feel confident leaving her with your friend in the future. This might be the chance you need to get her on side with the nappies and then you needn't worry about the nursery stuff till she's a bit older. :hug: We're all a bit irrational when it comes to our own LOs!

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:24 pm

northernruth wrote:Don't feel guilty, it's only a wet bottom! The important thing is that you feel confident leaving her with your friend in the future. This might be the chance you need to get her on side with the nappies and then you needn't worry about the nursery stuff till she's a bit older. :hug: We're all a bit irrational when it comes to our own LOs!

WSS :hug:

My avatar
Timeslikethese
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Timeslikethese » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:01 pm

Ugh, I hate this... why would anyone dictate to you how they're going to care for your child? I think it's really rude tbh. I'd probably just invest in a lot of AIOs and tell her to get on with it. You put the used nappy in a wetbag instead of a bin and that's the only difference! Derrr.

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:44 pm

First day back after Easter today.... she was a bit off with me this morning and I thought Faye had poo'd on our way in the car so made a point of checking her myself, even though I was short on time. And I have a WN northernlights, liner and wrap in my bag to change her straight into when I collect her at 3pm, don't know why never thought of that before :roll:

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat