Argh disposables!! Update

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Argh disposables!!

Postby dawnsmummy » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:42 pm

Fayesmum wrote:
dawnsmummy wrote::shock: So she wasn't changed from 11am til... like, 4pm ish? :shock: :shock: :shock: I didn't realise it was *that* long when I read it, I thought you were just complaining about sposies being minging and leaking :oops:
:nono: to your friend. That's terrible!

Well I was complaining about sposies being minging and leaking.... but yeah by the time I'd collected it was 15.20, home, quick drive round to the po for my weenotions packet and then home again so yeah it was near enough 4pm or just after

Gosh, that's awful hun ( not you going to the PO :giggle: ) Crikey. I'd never do that with someone elses child, that's for sure! I know sometimes Dawn's been left a bit longer in her nappy that she should :oops: , but I'd never do that with a friend's little one, especially if I knew they were used to nice fluffy cloth. :giggle:
Though, I'd probably be the opposite. "You're LOs in pampers? Well, why don't I just put this lovely LL on them till you get back..." :hohoho: :oops:
I think I'd deffinatly have a word with them. You don't have to be rude I guess (Thou I probably would be :oops: :oops: ) Just mention "Oh, she was in her nappy quite a long time..."
And as for "There was a queue in the change rooms" PAH! Excuses... As you said, do it on the floor! I used to change Dawn on my knee when she was wee. I changed her in Debenhams the other day and gave up our change mat for a lady with a teeny baby, and just took a couple of the paper sheets they have and laid Dawn on them on the floor :giggle:
Does she have a LO herself? (sorry if you mentioned that and my brain didn't register it...)

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:46 pm

smilinglou wrote:argh, personally i would tell her to s*d off, that's getting a little worrying if she leaves a nappy that long, is she worth it as a friend?

not to be rude

Not rude at all, I already feel crap about it and now having seen everyone elses responses I feel like the worst mother ever for not standing my ground :(

I thought it was me and our changing routine.... she is in her night nappy for about 13 hrs, so changed between 8.30-9am, changed before lunch around 12, again when she wakes from her sleep usually 2.5 hrs later, changed at 5pm and then bedtime nappy on at 19.30. I don't mean to put a time on it, it just works out that way obviously if she was dirty or uncomfortable she would be changed regardless of the time and if she was due

And yeah she has 2 children, a boy who is wks older than F and a girl who will be 4 this summer

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:52 pm

Hmmmm ok so if you knew she hadn't been changed for that long why didn't you change her when you collected her? :? :?

I always check when Grace was last changed when I pick her up from nursery and if it's only 30mins to the next change (as it were - I'm not actually that specific ;) ) then I change her myself before we leave... (they do offer but as Grace now has me again she'd scream blue murder and I'm happy to do it myself ;) )

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:58 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:Hmmmm ok so if you knew she hadn't been changed for that long why didn't you change her when you collected her? :? :?

Because I'd taken her out of her car and into mine, it was pouring with rain and I wanted to get us home as quickly as I could. When I arrived to collect her they hadn't returned from the music group so I was waiting for them and we didnt go into the house because friend was on her way to school to collect her daughter

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:30 am

Well 'friend' has been spoken to about this yesterday... Had a chat with Dh when he came home last night and he rightly pointed out were not paying her £4.50ph to do stuff like this :-? I've rung her this morning and said in future I'd like her to be changed before they leave the music group, particularly if I'm taking her out of one car and into my own and not in a position to change her myself like yesterday cause it was raining. I said I didn't mind her being late for me and was happy to wait a couple of minutes, whilst I was on a roll I also said if there was a queue next time to use the floor in fact I'd much rather she did for safety reasons - we don't have a changing table at home, they terrify me :shock: She said she didn't see the problem and that it wouldn't do her any harm, so I told her, her clothes were soaked right through and she needed a full change and wipe down when we got in. Then I went on to say about the gels in disposables exploding when the nappy is full

Not a particularly come outcome, shes upset I've rung her and pulled her up on it. I feel like a cow for doing so and I feel like I've let Faye down. Though yesterday was my last class before Easter so we have a cooling off period and hopefully there won't be an issue when she goes back in a couple of weeks.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:37 am

Fayesmum wrote:Not a particularly come outcome, shes upset I've rung her and pulled her up on it. I feel like a cow for doing so and I feel like I've let Faye down. Though yesterday was my last class before Easter so we have a cooling off period and hopefully there won't be an issue when she goes back in a couple of weeks.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Argh disposables!! Update

Postby megansmummy » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:40 am

Hopefully it will all calm down before you go back again :hug: its always tough when friends/family are involved in the care of our LO's as it always makes voices worries/concerns etc very difficult...im thankful that I dont have that worry :hug:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:51 am

indigosky2k wrote:
dawnsmummy wrote::shock: So she wasn't changed from 11am til... like, 4pm ish? :shock: :shock: :shock: I didn't realise it was *that* long when I read it, I thought you were just complaining about sposies being minging and leaking :oops:

I think it's a sposie users thing TBH. I have friends who regularly don't change their LO's in that length of time :shock: :shock: :shock:

This is why sposie users are so negative about cloth use, they can leave LOs for 6 hours or so if they're not a heavy wetter. Hence the objection to changing every couple of hours in cloth. My CM used to adopt the old fashioned apporach - she would check the nappy to see if it was wet, and if so change them. We did have the odd issue with leaks as she would not always change at the "right" time cos she thought she wasn't wet (Fleece lining tho!) but generally she was great.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:55 am

indigosky2k wrote:

I think it's a sposie users thing TBH. I have friends who regularly don't change their LO's in that length of time :shock: :shock: :shock:

TBH, when my mum looks after Bella and has her in sposies, she doesn't change her as often as I would like, even when I mention it to her. She just kinda weighs up the sposies (grabbing at Bella's crotch) and if it doesn't feel full, doesn't change it. If I'm there and see her doing it, I will then change Bella anyway, but when I'm not there, there isn't an awful lot I can do about it.

Saying that, mum would never leave it until it was really dragging round her ankles, but thinks nothing of 4-5 hours if she's not peeing too much.

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat