hf1

What do you do when you stay with family?

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

What do you do when you stay with family?

Postby monsterm » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:20 pm

I'm planning on going to stay with family for a week in the U.K in the summer. My aunt is a little disgusted by cloth & I honestly wouldn't ask her can i wash a load of nappies. I really don't want to go back to despicables for a week. Any ideas? I was thinking a laundrette but don't know if they will wash my nappies.

What do you/would you do?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: What do you do when you stay with family?

Postby littlesez » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:35 pm

im ery lucky in that my family think cloth is fab, my mum is a geek and LIKES washing my cloth she asks me to bring my dirties if i stay honestly! i have stayed with my fil and we didnt hace a washing machine so i hand washed all my nappies. and then put them in the sun to dry. i would do the same again over using disposables but it took lots of time :roll:

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:39 pm

my family all like cloth apart from my brother, I would just use the cloth and offer to do your own washing etc and take along your usual detergent so that it is less of an 'inconvenience' :wink:

My avatar
Charlootle
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Charlootle » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:02 pm

My family aren't great on cloth but my mums coming round to the idea now, when I go stay with her I take my bucket and usual detergent and just do the washes etc myself then it doesn't inconvenience anyone at all!

Charlotte & Jaden x

My avatar
helenNt
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby helenNt » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:25 pm

I would do as others have suggested and take the cloth and ask her if she can let you know when the machine is free so you could do a cloth nappy wash.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:54 pm

My mom was great. Loved all my cloth but then she used cloth on all of us so why wouldn't she.

My aunt has never said she doesn't like cloth just looked a bit disgusted & a bit pitying when she saw them. Maybe I should just take the plunge, bring the nappies & hope for the best.

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:03 pm

We're off to my MIL's soon, and while she's never said anything against cloth I doubt she'd ever use it. I plan on taking my bits and bobs and taking over her washer. Which with a newborn between nappies, clothes, and towels that have been p'd on during changing I usually wash daily!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:03 pm

My Mum thinks I am a bit mental but that is only the buying pretty customs and not against cloth. I wash Gracies when we are there, wouldn't expect her to do it. x

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:12 pm

I hope people don't think I expect my aunt to wash the nappies :shock: :shock: . I'm just not sure she will let me use her machine to wash them.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat