hf1

help wool longies

My avatar
mummyme
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

help wool longies

Postby mummyme » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:14 pm

my friends mum kidly knitted my boy some wool longies the 100% marino wool do i need to do something to make them waterproof before i use them if so what thanx in advance

My avatar
jan3182001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: help wool longies

Postby jan3182001 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:15 pm

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=7281
need lanolising see above!

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:17 pm

Hi Yes you need to lanolise them. Check out the 'wool' section on here for loads of tips, advice and instructions of how to do. :D

as jan says :giggle:

My avatar
jasmine b
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jasmine b » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:17 pm

hi you need to lanolise them using wool cure i think its called - other ladies will know a lot more than me - you can buy online - i use disana lanolin wool cure :)

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:19 pm

You'll need some lanolin. You can get it from most of the WAHM nappy or woolly sites, or you can normally get it in your local pharmacy (they might need to order it in for you though) ask them for anhydrous lanolin.

Then if you look in the 'Pure Wool' section of the forum, there's a thread on how to lanolise your woollies to make them waterproof.

HTH :)

My avatar
jan3182001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby jan3182001 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:21 pm

Geordie_Girl wrote:You'll need some lanolin. You can get it from most of the WAHM nappy or woolly sites, or you can normally get it in your local pharmacy (they might need to order it in for you though) ask them for anhydrous lanolin.

Then if you look in the 'Pure Wool' section of the forum, there's a thread on how to lanolise your woollies to make them waterproof.

HTH :)

I was just about to post about you getting that!!!!

or if you have an old tube of Lansinoh that'll do aswell

My avatar
mummyme
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mummyme » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:39 pm

awww i have some lasonil might ry that getting excited now cant wait to use them

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat