Nappies for chunky thighed babies!

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Nappies for chunky thighed babies!

Postby Saskia » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:52 pm

Can anyone recommend me some?

Freya has thighs like hams, and we get leg gape with many nappies. We have to do them up really tight at her waist to close the gape at the leg, which then cuts into the tops of her thighs/waist. So far the best fitting nappy we have found is the BG organic AIO. I have bought a couple of Goodmamas from classifeds to try. I also like the look of D&F, LLS and Puddlekins - just worried about the fit on my chubber!

What do you all suggest?

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Nappies for chunky thighed babies!

Postby emmalala » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:04 pm

anything side snapping as you can adjust the size for thighs and waist, all our nappies, apart from ittis, are side snapping, my 2 have chubby thighs too :giggle:

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:16 pm

Thanks hun. I do like side snapping nappies so will definitely buy some more of them! I have 8 pockets/AIOs - and 2 more on order which are side snaps. I'm looking into some fitteds now! My mum is going to make me some longies and stuff so need something to go under them :D

I think I might try a puddlekins day nappy. Does anyone know what they are like for absorbancy? My daughter is a medium/occasionally heavy wetter. Is it a good idea to get the tri fold booster too? Also (stupid question perhaps), does bamboo velour on the inner act as a stay dry liner, or should I get minky for that?

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:30 pm

I've got a lone FnS fitted and that is side-snapping and is a good fit on Max who has a slim waist and chunky thighs ( :giggle: at thighs like hams. I just find they're great to nibble on :wink: ). WNNL and LLS nappies are also side snaps which I find a great fit and the colours are fabby too :wink:

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:34 pm

It's the last day to get a LLS nappy discounted too! Might get one of them instead... I really like the scrappy nappies! What is the best combo for absorbancy would you say? I was thinking bamboo hemp fleece inner with an extra zorb layer?

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:41 pm

Saskia wrote:It's the last day to get a LLS nappy discounted too! Might get one of them instead... I really like the scrappy nappies! What is the best combo for absorbancy would you say? I was thinking bamboo hemp fleece inner with an extra zorb layer?

I got a day fitted and night fitted and had them made up from bamboo interlock outer, OBV inner, bamboo hemp fleece core and insert - its a good combo for a heavy wetter.

The scrappy nappies look gorgeous and I have one on my wishlist :D

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:52 pm

So do you think the bamboo hemp fleece core should be enough without the extra zorb layer? I'll get OBV inner and outer too.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat