hf1

Dr. miriam stoppard (rolls eyes)

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Dr. miriam stoppard (rolls eyes)

Postby Caroline » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:03 pm

You really would think that we were all a generation of immobile children who have hardly and skin on our bums as the ammonia has burnt it all away! I was born (1976 for the record) with clicky hips and the Dr told my Mum to put me in 2 nappies for extra hip support. If she hadnt perhaps I would have had a problem walking! As for washing...very time consuming. All the time it takes me to drag the nappies down to the stream and beat them clean with a stone :roll: Oh hang on, I just bung them in the machine, silly me.

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:44 pm

Caroline wrote: As for washing...very time consuming. All the time it takes me to drag the nappies down to the stream and beat them clean with a stone :roll: Oh hang on, I just bung them in the machine, silly me.

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:09 pm

You mean you DON'T have to beat nappies with a stone to get them clean? Man I feel stoopid now!

I can't believe the extract from her book - surely anyone with half a brain would see how outdated and ridiculous it is!

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:15 pm

Saskia wrote:You mean you DON'T have to beat nappies with a stone to get them clean? Man I feel stoopid now!

I can't believe the extract from her book - surely anyone with half a brain would see how outdated and ridiculous it is!

well I'm hoping so! anyway, got to dash, its getting dark and I need to get down to the stream to wash my nappies and put them through the mangle. need to get all the ammonia out in case daniel gets leprosy :roll:

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:05 pm

LMAO
you can only laugh, otherwise that little bit of maddening anger starts to seep in. I know that the midwives I worked with all hated her, i made the mistake of picking up her book off the shelf in front of them when i had no idea who she was ( it should have stayed that way), they all started complaining bitterly, its scary that people would take her seriously

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat