Postby beck » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:04 pm

:x :x :x

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Dr. miriam stoppard (rolls eyes)

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:14 pm

winniewheresmypooh wrote:the first pregnancy i couldn't have done without her pregnancy and birth book as I had no idea what to expect but the second pregnancy I was rarther unimpressed TBH.

I remember some one I worked with was horrified that I put my nappies in the machine "covered in shit stains" and didn't soak them. She must have read this book as she soaked hers and was complaining about her sore hands :evil:

sorry that made me :giggle: what do u do with lo's pants then? i know ad used to have a habit of 'decorating' his, should i have hand scrubbed them too?! :puke: :giggle:

My avatar
Timeslikethese
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Timeslikethese » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:42 pm

Miriam Stoppard's guide to cloth eh... maybe she's got shares in Pampers... :lol:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:07 pm

I've just read this to OH, he suggested we all leave reviews on amazon, aswell as complaining via her website.

Can't believe someone would write, and publish that, as if people aren't narrow minded enough when it comes to cloth as it is!!

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:33 am

flutterby wrote:I've just read this to OH, he suggested we all leave reviews on amazon, aswell as complaining via her website.

Can't believe someone would write, and publish that, as if people aren't narrow minded enough when it comes to cloth as it is!!

That is an excelent idea!

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:11 am

good idea, off to do that now, only way i can find to contact her is phone or letter :-?

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:05 am

She is asking for it! ... Image

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:06 am

zoeyboo wrote:She is asking for it! ... Image

:giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Site Supporter

Postby Scotia » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:31 am

Fayesmum wrote::shock: Oh dear! Thats very outdated information though, I wonder if she knows anyone with a cloth wearing baby or just going from her own experience from the 1950's when perhaps terry squares were bulky? :-?

I used terry squares on my dds, and my mum used them on me and they were never so bulky that they were held back. I walked at 9 months and my dds were all walking between 8 and ten months, so her assertion that it makes walking harder is simply wrong. DS1 wore disposables and he hit his milestones the same as his sisters and he was slightly slower than Kerr so she hasn't researched her findings properly.

Yes I did used to soak them in nappisan though, as did everyone then, but with newer biological powder and automatic washing machines to clean the nappies thoroughly it's not needed any more.

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat