hf1

What's your choice for a toddler nearing potty training?

My avatar
afterglow
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

What's your choice for a toddler nearing potty training?

Postby afterglow » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:58 am

Hi all, not been posting much as our Ecobubs have been fab for some time and I've been pretty stash-content.

However.... dd is now 26months and although the wool night-time ecobubs are still fine we're getting some leaks with the daytime PUL pockets. She holds her wee for hours, then floods the nappy, and if the insert is the slightest bit bunched up then we get leaking. The bunching seems to happen in all her pockets (ecobubs, fuzzies, mommys touch) so I'm guessing the problem is with using pockets, or perhaps I should be boosting them more so they're less prone to bunching? I'm wondering if fitteds are the way to go as she's not really ready to come out of nappies yet.

Any recommendations for a leak-proof toddler nappy? bamboo preferred, would love side snaps. Happy to consider anything - I have a couple of Bambooozle Stretchies comint to try, and am considering trying a Flexitots again. Any failsafe pocket suggestions also appreciated. Thank you!

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: What's your choice for a toddler nearing potty training?

Postby MissFrodo » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:24 pm

Weenotions and stuffed with bamboo insert could be a good choice I would say.

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:40 pm

MissFrodo wrote:Weenotions and stuffed with bamboo insert could be a good choice I would say.

wss or Bgs are pretty good. My two live in ittis and wn pockets with petit d'sous inserts (sp?)

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:08 pm

I've heard that Motherease Sandies are good, as they can be pulled up and down easily x

My avatar
afterglow
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby afterglow » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:44 pm

Thank you for all the replies, it might be time to try wn then :giggle: I swapped a couple of nappies for a couple of Tots Stretchies and tried one this afternoon - it was great and we had no leaks despite playing in the sandpit, going in the sling and running around in the garden. I think fitteds are the way forward. I love Sandys, but stopped using them because I coudn't get a good wrap fit over the top.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat