hf1

What can I build my stash up with?

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

What can I build my stash up with?

Postby Saskia » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:24 pm

I am still waiting for 5 nappies to be delivered to me - then my "stash" will consist of a measly 13 nappies :oops: :oops:

Obviously I am still having to use disposables some of the time and it's really doing my head in - I want to be using cloth all the time!! :x How many more nappies do I need (minimum) to use them full time? And do you think I should continue buying gradually to get exactly what I want, or just buy a cheap/preloved load of basic nappies to build my stash up quicker?

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: What can I build my stash up with?

Postby sophie2198 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:58 pm

13 isnt too bad hun :hug: when i first changed to cloth when ds was 5 months old we had just 12 fuzzi bunz , i was able to use full time cloth with these though as had twice the amount of inserts i needed and the fuzzi's dried over night iygwim? :D

Im assuming you are using fitteds? Dont forget with the weather getting better (ish!) it will be easier to dry nappies outside.

What nappies do you have now? b

I would try the classifieds to see if you can get any Little Lamb bamboo as these are lovely and a good stash builder , plus they are still doing the free ones with the mother & baby magazine i think :wink:

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:03 pm

I've only got 2 fitteds and 1 on the way!

I've also got 4 BG organic AIOs (2 on the way), 2 Fuzzi bunz, 3 Weenotions pockets (2 on the way) and a Pop In.

Tbh I prefer pockets for during the day I think... although I haven't really experimented enough with fitteds yet. I can understand that a decent fitted nappy probably works better at night though.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:27 pm

From experience, I would say buying lots of cheaper nappies can be a false economy. Depending on how heavy your LO wets, you may be able to use them. If you have a light-ish wetter, most nappies will work providing you can get a good fit, of course.

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:41 pm

I'm not sure how heavy she wets really... I think she's probably average to medium/heavy.

I'm thinking of getting a couple each of Real Easy and Rumparooz nappies to try, as they look like Fuzzi Bunz and BG organic AIOs which I like, but have extra features which I think look better! (I've posted about this in the pocket nappy room).

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:44 pm

It misght be worth putting a wanted post in the classifieds for some of things you are after? Nearly all my nappies were preloved at first until i got a decent amount that i could work with full time.

Does your council do a voucher scheme at all that you could use to increase your stash? We dont have that here but my local real nappy project do starter kits and things people can buy.

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:48 pm

I've already sent off for my cashback from the council Jenna! I've kinda spent it a few times over actually... lol! Some of my nappies are preloved, I just find it hard to find preloved things I want to try. Will keep looking out for stuff though x

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:51 pm

:giggle: hehe i always have my monthly fluff budget spent before i get it, its money thats too easily spent :roll:

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:14 pm

If you're happy with pockets then stick to them hun (for now atleast! :wink: :giggle: ) i didnt use or even think about fitted nappies until H was over 1 as poclets were great for us - i even used fuzzi's at nights!! :shock:

You may be better off trying a few from the classifieds first and then buy new if you like them / get on with them etv.

A blueberry is a must!! And Greenkids are great too! :D I also liked pocketbots when we used pocket nappies.

A good tip if you are using pockets is to have a load of extra inserts because pocket nappies will dry over night on an airer , or in about an hour on the washing line lol , so you'll beable to use the nappies again with clean inserts whilst the other inserts are still drying , am i making sense?! :oops: :giggle:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat