Need your wisdom - newborn nappies?

My avatar
hobbitfoot
Clothie
Clothie

Need your wisdom - newborn nappies?

Postby hobbitfoot » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:08 pm

Hi,

I'm not pregnant yet (weigh about the same as i did when pregnant but that's easter eggs not babies in there :giggle: )but plan to be soon and want to start looking for newborn nappies. Can you tell me what newborn nappies you guys used and what the pros and cons were? I've got some size 1s & size 2s, all bamboo apart from my fluffles as my baby wees a great deal but I only started using cloth when he was 4mths so I guess with a newborn I could get away with using cotton? Orrrr can I? :-?

I'd prefer a 2 part system as I've found it a much more reliable system that leaky poo, leaky wee pockets :roll:

I've heard of kushies, bimbles and diddy diapers for newborns but don't know much about them. Not looking for anything mega pretty, functionality and not too bulky fit are the order of my day :widesmile: Sorry, just found that smily on the 'view more smilies' bit that I didn't know was there and I love it!

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Need your wisdom - newborn nappies?

Postby zoeyboo » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:31 pm

My top 3 would be :

Fitteds
Easy Peasy Bimbles QD Sz0 Nippa version - for something soft, cheap a basic nappy but fit well & great for poo containment.
Muttaquin Newborn - gorgeous, soft, slim & pretty - (Kingdom of Fluff is a great stockist for these atm)
Swaddlebees OCV Newborn - srcummy & soft, popper down for cord area.

Wraps
Motherease Rikki XS
Thirsties Wraps - both have leg gussets which are essential for a newborn!
XS WeeNotions Minkee for a special wrap

My avatar
jasmine b
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jasmine b » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:39 pm

i used one lifes which he outweed very soon after birth but he was a fattie at 10 lbs so not sure if it was because the one lifes were rubbish or not. then went onto goodmamas which were fab for him :)

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:45 pm

Have a look on the forum, it's been discussed a few times before. :wink: There's a thread here for example. And Annette posted a reviews about newborn nappies here. There's quite a few other newborn reviews in that section too.

My avatar
hobbitfoot
Clothie
Clothie

Postby hobbitfoot » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:51 pm

Thanks guys, will check those links out :D

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:55 pm

Thirsties Fab Fitted and their wraps are brilliant on newborns. They are very slim and the XS is 6-12lbs so a good size too.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:06 pm

My faves are Motherease sandies (xs and small)

I also think nappies such as little lambs/tots bots etc are great because you can get them cheaply and they make great staple nappies in those early months!

Also - your username made me chuckle :giggle: we call one of my daughters Hobbit foot :giggle:

Jan x

My avatar
hobbitfoot
Clothie
Clothie

Postby hobbitfoot » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:20 pm

Thanks for the advice everyone, I've put a 'wanted' ad on the classifieds so hopefully will start building a stash soon,

JanX - my feet are horrible! I hate them, they should be exiled to Middle Earth, if I didn't need them to kick dust bunnies under the settee with they'd be gone. Why has your daughter got that nickname?!

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:36 pm

hobbitfoot wrote:JanX - my feet are horrible! I hate them, they should be exiled to Middle Earth, if I didn't need them to kick dust bunnies under the settee with they'd be gone. Why has your daughter got that nickname?!

:giggle: because her feet used to look really long in comparison to her little legs! she has grown into them now though and they are perfect yummy little toddler feet :wink: (they always were lovely and they never really were bog, just looked it!)

We just called therm her Hobbit Feet and it has stuck!

Jan x

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat