hf1

Camping and nappies

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Camping and nappies

Postby Woozle35 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:47 am

We are going camping at May bank holiday to Scotland :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: (I have not been on holiday since July 2008). I really do not want to use disposables, has anyone any ideas/advice?

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Camping and nappies

Postby dawnsmummy » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:52 am

are u on a camp site? they might have a washer, or nearby laundrette?
:wine: for holidays, i have an urge to camp this summer lol

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:55 am

Stacey we have not got that far yet. My brother lives in Nairn, Inverness so we are going to travel up the west coast of Scotland and camp somewhere for a week. We are then going to meet my brother and sil and camp for 4 days and then stay at their house for a few days.

We loved camping when we used to go, before Oscar. And my brother gave me a new tent 4 +2 birth, its huge :shock: :hohoho: so we will definetly have plenty of room. Think my next step should be booking the site :D

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:48 am

I've just come back from a few days at a hotel & trust me you'll be surprised by how many nappies you actually have. Could you handwash the nappies?

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:49 am

Just realised you're only camping for 4 days. Would your nappies stretch that far & just bring a really big wetbag for them?

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:55 am

Pretty much all camping sites have laundry facilities. Just check when you are booking. :D

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:36 pm

monsterm wrote:Just realised you're only camping for 4 days. Would your nappies stretch that far & just bring a really big wetbag for them?

We will be camping for a 1 week and 4 days :D

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:42 pm

Most sites will have a laundry area - maybe you could pick a site based on that being a criteria.

I would be concerned about drying times if the weather is bad.

TBH, I wouldn't consider it much of a holiday for me if I was going out of my way to wash and dry nappies. If it wasn't as simple as using a machine in my accomodation I would take disposables. Its different if you have use of a private machine but you may have to wait for a slot, ensure you are about to empty the machine etc :-?

Another thing I would worry about is the smell if it was nice weather, tents get VERY warm in hot sunshine (although that'd be a plus for drying them :wink: )

:wine: for a holiday though. :D

My avatar
victoriaw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby victoriaw » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:57 pm

I'm off in the campervan for 3 weeks in summer and have to admit that we will be using disposables. I'm very attached to my cloth, but carrying buckets of dirty nappies round in a hot van is a bit beyond even my love! :wink:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat