hf1

Info sites for a potential convert?

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Info sites for a potential convert?

Postby Mareth » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:11 pm

DP was walking through his office yesterday with a huge h*ggies box (full of baby clothes he'd been given by a friend). One of his colleagues said something to him about the box and all the nappies, to which DP replied that we don't use them as we use cloth (DP is ever eager to convert people :lol: ). Anyway, this led to a conversation about cloth nappies and the colleague, a Dutch guy, and quite into his recycling etc is fed up with dispos as the amount of waste disgusts him.

DP, although very keen on cloth, doesn't know a lot about them and asked me to put together an email with some info and also sites to get more info. However I don't know any sites really other than CNT and shop sites, I don't really know any actual info sites.

Could any of you recommend some really good sites with articles and info on what type of nappies are available? Bearing in mind this is a bloke and therefore probably not interested in trawling through nappy forums, more just straight forward info.

I'm trying to get together everything I can and then give it to him and also lend him enough of our nappies to get him through a days trial.

Thanks a lot :)

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Info sites for a potential convert?

Postby ladybird » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:27 pm

I tend to link people http://www.realnappycampaign.com/nappyfinder/index.html as they can then arrange a proper demo at their own leisure. Not sure how good that would be in Ireland though?? I think it helps to have someone in front of you going over it all, show you a load of different things and to listen to a little about you and then help you work out what sort of nappy would be best iyswim.
Otherwise I think the general cloth section on WRAP and WEN is helpful and most nappy selling sites have advisory sections.

My avatar
buzzybee21
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby buzzybee21 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:38 pm

Nappy lady has some good articles on the Information section

Sound like we need to get writing stuff into usable formats for Tory ;)

(No that wasn't me volunteering)

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:39 pm

Thanks Shadow, unfortunately there are no groups or nappuchino's in Dublin that I know of, I'd love to go to one myself, never mind sending other people :lol:

What is WRAP and WEN?

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:44 pm

Ooh!!! I just found a Dublin nappuccino!!! How exciting, this weekend too :D I might have to go along.

I don't think that there are any other members on here currently in Ireland, but just in case:

"nappuccino now on Saturday 16th Feb at 12pm in the Dublin Airport Bewleys Hotel"

My avatar
ericaj1
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ericaj1 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:46 pm

WEN is the womens enviromental network

And I think this is the right WRAP http://www.wrap.org.uk/

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:47 pm

Thanks Erica :)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:47 pm

I'm obviously doing something majorly wrong :oops: :oops: :oops: :evil: :evil: as the forum is only 1/2 the site and the other is info all about cloth nappies, using them, getting started, environmental issues surrounding nappy use and costs (valid as of this week!!). Here is the link to the list of nappy information articles

http://www.clothnappytree.com/media/infos.php

I'm also starting to move the article comp articles onto the main site as well. you can access all the areas through the new links at the top of the forum now too!

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:51 pm

:oops: :oops: Tory, don't worry I knew about the rest of the site, and have directed him here. Was just looking for even more to give them as much as possible. Really it was the costs that I was looking for and at the time of sending my email I didn't know that was available here.

Hope I didn't cause offence :( :oops:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat