hf1

What would you do?

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

What would you do?

Postby Fayesmum » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:41 am

Fayes nasty nappies can continue for a few weeks.... And I'm not sure what to do for the best with using cloth cause obviously I don't want to ruin them :-? Dh this morning suggested disposables (because they really are gross) which I'm abit :evil: about, he also said the ones hes washed (from the weekend before her admission) have washed out ok. Would they be ok with fleece liners which I'm using anyway, it's just the up the back and over the side explosions i'm worried about :shock:

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: What would you do?

Postby ladybird » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:59 am

I would continue with cloth tbh. I found disposables contained explosions even less. The worst that could happen, I'd imagine, would be staining and sunlight is great for that.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:02 am

when izzy had a bad bum we used 2nd hand terry squares, so only cheap if they get messy. I have one that was so bad it is still stained! but as soon as we get summer sun ill be able to sun it out. I found fitted contained bad poos much better than pockets if that helps xxx

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:21 am

I found sposies leaked, badly so would probably stick to the cloth. If her poo is really really bad, you could use paper liners to make it that bit easier?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:23 am

I definitely wouldn't go down the sposie route either. :puke: Use some old nappies or buy some cheap terries if you don't have any.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:44 pm

Sposies definitely leak far more than cloth does. The only time I have resorted to sposies when Bella was ill was when she had the runs and I just couldn't keep up with the washing and drying and ran out of nappies or to dry up a really sore thrush rash that wasn't accompanied by nasty poos. Otherwise I stick to cloth.

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:55 pm

Interestingly it was GM with an airflow wrap just before we came in, it went up her back, over the sides and down the front. Even the outside of the wrap :shock: I'd put it on, so wasn't like Dh hadn't done it up right :giggle: Perhaps these are ultra strong poo's cause her bedbug and soaker took abit of abuse the night before :(

Shes been in disposables this week whilst we've been in, but we aren't providing them and they were quite insistent she wasn't to wear cloth - something to do with poo samples, and getting a better idea of how much urine she is passing

My avatar
RuthPat
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby RuthPat » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:01 pm

Hope you don't mind me crashing - I usually post in classifieds and only browse forums. My experience isn't as great as others are. In this instance I can possibly help. Hannah has just got over a very runny tum and bad poos. We lined the nappy with fleece liners to stop staining etc and then a paper liner on top 2 to cover whole area lol The nappies were tehn put into dry bucket and washed that day. No stains and very few leaks. I use mainly Blueberry and Swaddlebees Eco. My fitteds did leak as Hannah lost soem weight round her waist and wraps fitted less well. At night I didn't like to have the paper liner as wet against skin for longer but poos seemed to be daytime events. I sat her on fleece blanket for nappy free time. I wouldn't have used sposies they leak and smell worse. I don't know if this is too late a reply just read your reply about sposies for wee samples etc. Hope your lo is ok. We were worried buy the nasy nappies there were several other issues but Dr thinks complicated by teething. I am amazed at how brill the cloth continues to be the leaks tended to be from me changing and legs in the poo :oops: Rx

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:50 pm

i also for some reason find if i hose the dirty nappies off (in our downstairs loo i have a shower attatchment so i can hose off poo straight into the toilet) i don't get nearly as much staining. seems worse if left to erm set for a bit

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat