hf1

recommend me some cloth for my nightmare sister!

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

recommend me some cloth for my nightmare sister!

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:36 pm

finally got my sis to sample some cloth :wine:

but i finally got her off bambino mio nappies <thankgod!> and at the nct sale today convinced her to get 2 fleece lollipop nappies (was gonna get the for me, but hey) and a pack of 9 medium fuzi bunz for 18 quid. she's doing it for money reasons to cut costs now and then, so i figured a few pockets and some fleece quick drying nappies would be a good idea for her. she wants them for in the house to start with, and am thinking of getting her some tots (everyone knows i love tots!) as a secondary supply. can anyone think of any others i may have missed? quick drying is a must i think to start, so that'd mean pockets right?

secondly- i had a lovely convo with a lady who used bambino mio from birth to potty. i wanted to give her an award for being perhaps the only person ever to use em that long!lol she did try and talk my sis into a birth to potty kit, so i told mia that if she wanted prefolds and wraps, i got dozens of prefolds in my cleaning cupboard :giggle:

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: recommend me some cloth for my nightmare sister!

Postby lazylexis » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:47 pm

My favourite pockets are greenkids anytimes.prefer them to bumgenius but don't mind bg either.

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:52 pm

I love Real Easy pockets atm, and they aren't as expensive as some of the other brands either.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:03 pm

Real Easy, YoYoos (Jenny Penny on here is selling them) and I've heard good things about Coolababys and Wonderoos, but not used them personally.

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:09 pm

lazylexis wrote:My favourite pockets are greenkids anytimes.prefer them to bumgenius but don't mind bg either.

GK anytimes are my backup nappies and have been in use for over 18 months on Noah and still look fab! I normally hate front fastening aplix nappies but can't fault these. I love the bamboo inserts and boosters to.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:24 pm

ah cool thanks ladies, it's bee a long time since i bought any pockets or owt as i now only use fitted nappies and wool.

funny comment on that from the lady at the nct sale

'surely if there is no waterproof layer your child must be sitting in a puddle of piss most of the time, that's disgusting'

ignorant cow. my response?

he would be sitting in a puddle of piss if he were in bambino mio nappies..... :giggle:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:27 pm

*tinkerbellarella* wrote:ignorant cow. my response?

he would be sitting in a puddle of piss if he were in bambino mio nappies..... :giggle:

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:
And he'd also be in a rubbish nappy too :wink:

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:29 pm

Sounds like she doesn't understand where the waterproof layer in a pocket sits!
Stupid woman.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:39 pm

lol i was having a bit of a chuckle about it actually. nothing gets me more right now than seeing people ripped off nappy wise, those well meaning pregnant ladies who want to cloth bum there kids which i am all for, but are unlikely to carry on for too long if they only have the one brand then find it doesn't work for them. i said 3 words to her. same 3 magic words i say to any mum i spy looking at cloth in town :D

CLOTH NAPPY TREE.......... :giggle:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat