hf1

recommend me some cloth for my nightmare sister!

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: recommend me some cloth for my nightmare sister!

Postby dawnsmummy » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:41 pm

*tinkerbellarella* wrote:lol i was having a bit of a chuckle about it actually. nothing gets me more right now than seeing people ripped off nappy wise, those well meaning pregnant ladies who want to cloth bum there kids which i am all for, but are unlikely to carry on for too long if they only have the one brand then find it doesn't work for them. i said 3 words to her. same 3 magic words i say to any mum i spy looking at cloth in town :D

CLOTH NAPPY TREE.......... :giggle:

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:
That's what happened to me though. I got Bam Mios and hated them. Went to Smartnappies which I liked more, but Dawn hated after we holidayed and used pampers :cry:
I' m ALWAYS telling people about CNT :cnthug: Even the guy who came to fix my boiler last! :giggle:

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:41 pm

*tinkerbellarella* wrote:CLOTH NAPPY TREE.......... :giggle:

Very good advice! :wink: :giggle:

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:46 pm

hehe i have some good advice some times!

i was a bit bewildered by the mio demo in bambino's in town. i may of had it wrong all these years but here's what the old chap did......

folded the nappy into a kind of boy fold, then folded the back under to make a square thick wedge wrapped it in a paper liner then he dunked it down in the crotch of the nappy. there was nothing over the back or front inside of the nappy. was i right to be confused or am i just being a bit dense?

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:53 pm

Odd! I've used them and only ever folded them in three then put them in the cover, when using a small wrap I needed to fold down the front, which I suppose is a boy fold anyway. But it covered the wrap from front to back, do you mean there were parts of the cover which are against the baby with no nappy in it?? Have to say though, I hated them, so many leaks. I do use them now from time to time but it's so much easier with solid poo!

Going back to nappy recommendations, I always found two-parters more reliable in the early days, although I know plenty of people use pockets right from the start. What about microfibre little lambs? They dry overnight on an airer.

My avatar
leal123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby leal123 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:03 pm

Another one who can recommend Green Kids although he did start to open them on his own at about a year :roll: I've still got some left though that we still use and he seems fine with them now :D I hope you can find some that she likes and definitely tell her about the :cnthug:

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:20 pm

i'm also thinking about giving her some fitted nappies i don't use. just to try them out to see what works. i know she'll want trim nappies, but for now she's planning on them being used in the house, in the summer where ethan can wear a nappy and a t shirt. oooh i could pass her some baby legs i don't use..... i'll see if i can find her some coolababy's as we tried them with success in the early days, just now i think t's bum is accustomed to wool and fitteds so it'd ba hard to go back now. i think i'm more excited than she is! :giggle:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:25 pm

Amanda wrote:Odd! I've used them and only ever folded them in three then put them in the cover, when using a small wrap I needed to fold down the front, which I suppose is a boy fold anyway. But it covered the wrap from front to back, do you mean there were parts of the cover which are against the baby with no nappy in it??

WSS!
I used mine in the same way. Yucky things :giggle:
It'll be LLs to start and then WN's and yummy wahm fitteds and wool for our second LO :giggle: :giggle:

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat