hf1

serged or t&t? need to make a decision arrrgh

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: serged or t&t? need to make a decision arrrgh

Postby Saskia » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:09 am

I have both a serged and t&t Goodmamas which I got preloved, and whilst I like the neater look of t&t I think I actually prefer the fit of the serged. They both fit well though (no leaks), but serged just seems to sit better round her legs - t&t can curl inwards a bit.

Is it normal that my serged nappy is bigger than my t&t? They are meant to be one size aren't they?

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:05 am

I guess you've already concluded that everyone has different preferences :wink: I like the fit of serged as they seem stretchier somehow than T&T, but like someone else said they seem to leave redder marks around the legs sometimes...

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:07 am

I much prefer serged, our serged DnF's are much nicer than our T&T ones...

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:28 am

WE much prefer T&T the serged sometimes gave her sore legs. We only use T&T goodmamas now and sold our serged ones :wink:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:36 am

Saskia wrote:I have both a serged and t&t Goodmamas which I got preloved, and whilst I like the neater look of t&t I think I actually prefer the fit of the serged. They both fit well though (no leaks), but serged just seems to sit better round her legs - t&t can curl inwards a bit.

Is it normal that my serged nappy is bigger than my t&t? They are meant to be one size aren't they?

A lot of the t&t Goodmamas are made with woven outers, which don't stretch as much as knit (and quite a lot less than OBV!). They're also trimmer in the crotch because of the edges being turned and topstitched, which is a plus as far as I'm concerned - I love trim nappies on my skinny LO!

I love our t&t Goodmamas but with other t&t nappies with cotton outers, I often find that they mark Lili's thighs - as people have said, the edges can feel a bit hard, serged is softer. With all-OBV nappies, t&t is fine for us. :mrgreen:

I haven't tried the t&t Muttaqins - they do look like the kind of cut I like, but with the cotton outers not so good for us. :-?

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:14 pm

rhead wrote:
Saskia wrote:I have both a serged and t&t Goodmamas which I got preloved, and whilst I like the neater look of t&t I think I actually prefer the fit of the serged. They both fit well though (no leaks), but serged just seems to sit better round her legs - t&t can curl inwards a bit.

A lot of the t&t Goodmamas are made with woven outers, which don't stretch as much as knit (and quite a lot less than OBV!). They're also trimmer in the crotch because of the edges being turned and topstitched, which is a plus as far as I'm concerned - I love trim nappies on my skinny LO!

I love our t&t Goodmamas but with other t&t nappies with cotton outers, I often find that they mark Lili's thighs - as people have said, the edges can feel a bit hard, serged is softer. With all-OBV nappies, t&t is fine for us. :mrgreen:

I haven't tried the t&t Muttaqins - they do look like the kind of cut I like, but with the cotton outers not so good for us. :-?

Mine both appear to be made of the same stuff (not exactly sure but probably OBV??) but my t&t one has a cotton jersey outer and the serged is plain. They are both as stretchy as each other but the serged just seems generally bigger - I can cross the tabs over on it whereas they just meet in the middle on the other. I do like both though - I'm probably the opposite to you and prefer serged because my daughter is chubby! :giggle:

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat