What to do?

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

What to do?

Postby HighlandMum » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:45 am

Having a bit of a stash crisis :(

We have 10 itti bitti SIO that up until about a week ago were fitting great (they didnt at first, but have been grand for a while) but now we are not getting a good fit at all. They are the main nappy in the aio/pocket side of our stash and i love them because they are trim enough to wear on the days Sandy wears "normal" clothes. Other pockets we have are bgs and one WNSS (another on the way). I never really reach for the bgs they are more for when mum is here.

Anyhoo, if i sell my ittis what do i replace them with? Funds are very tight at the moment so i would just have the money from the ittis to use. Sandy seems to be becoming a more heavy wetter, and we use alot of fitteds and wool now, but i still need some pockets in my stash.

Next problem is our night nappies. They just dont seem to be working for us now :( Im so close to giving up as im fed up of washing bedding every night, plus its affecting Sandys sleep.

Arrgh!

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: What to do?

Postby JanX » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:49 am

Have you tried Fuzzi Bunz pockets at all? I actually found them trimmer than ittis (I always find anything with a minkee outer bulkier than pul!).

I only ever used fuzzis on my son (there wasn't the range for boys then as there is now :wink: ) but having said that, because I got on sooo well with them for him, I had them as my main pocket nappy for the girls aswell.

Might be worth getting a preloved one to try for fit and if you like them you could sell the ittis and get more!

Jan x

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:54 am

I seriously recommend you try Real Easys - they aren't too expensive compared to some, pretty absorbant as they are but also have a huge pocket for stuffing. They are also lovely and stretchy - definitely the easiest nappy to put on from my "stash", I don't have to tug at them/ajust them in anyway to get the fit right. They are similar to Fuzzis but much stretchier and softer on the leg. We get red marks on Freya's thighs with Fuzzis.

I have replied to your night nappy topic too xx

My avatar
holmes2974
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby holmes2974 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:01 am

I second the vote for the Real easy's - we've just started using one and I love it. The hemp flap is much better for us absorbency wise than the microfibre pocket inserts, and it's a really good fit on my DD even though she's at the bottom of the weight range for the size.
Sarah

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:03 am

coolababy pockets are pretty cheap :)

As for night nappies I cant really help seeing as we have stopped using them for now...either fit issues/rashes or leakages :(

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:10 am

I did try fuzzybunz when i first started using cloth but sold them to buy the prettier ittis :roll: I just wasnt reaching for them in the same way im now not reaching for my bgs.

Maybe i should just get rid of the ittis and buy more fitteds, they work much better for us on the whole but im not sure if i want Sandy in wool all the time, im happy to have him in it 80% of the time but sometimes its nice to have him in other things, specially coming up to the summer.

Maybe im asking for too much :(

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:22 am

i have taliesin in fitteds all the time and find interlock soakers quite ok under normal clothes. i can even put him to bed in a vest and sleepsuit which i hadn't before. finding i like interlock more and more so have a few bits on order, in the pipeline i will shortly be ordering interlock vests too.x

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:34 am

I havent tried interlock yet, maybe i will sell a couple of the ittis and get a soaker to try.

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:40 am

I like the look of interlock - I like that it looks like "normal trousers" iykwim?! Not sure what it feels like though.

I was debating whether to get some interlock stuff at the same time I ordered my LLS nappy - but I think I'm going to wait until the end of the summer when her growth should slow down a bit. I imagine they aren't as stretchy as normal wool so might not last as long when she's growing so rapidly...

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat