hf1

Stupid question alert...

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Stupid question alert...

Postby HighlandMum » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:11 pm

Ive been wondering this for weeks - what is wing droop?

Im probably going to go "aaaah of course, doh!" as soon as someone tells me :oops:

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Stupid question alert...

Postby Emma1977 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:21 pm

Not sure how well I can explain this. but I'll try. You get this with front fastening and some SS (in my experience) nappies when the 'win g' or tab with the bottom poppers drops underneath the top fastening poppers. Best eg are Ittis. I get wing droop when Max has wet the nappy alot and the tabs have slipped down and actually poke out of near the top of the thighs rather than staying tucked in properly.

I don't think I have explained that very well and could really do with a pic to illustrate but hopefully it will give you an idea :D

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:27 pm

Thankyou Emma :)

i think that makes sense, so the nappy is weighted down causing it not to fit right?

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:30 pm

:giggle: I've always wondered this too.

We get major wing droop with ittis!!

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:45 pm

I wasn't sure what was meant by wing droop either - I just assumed it was when the rise of the nappy is too short and pulls down at the front? Is that right??

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:49 pm

its hard to explain! its where, say if baby was wearing an itti bitti, and the snaps are done up at the front, then the sides, at the front, droop down under the snaps , does that make any sense?

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:50 pm

Saskia wrote:I wasn't sure what was meant by wing droop either - I just assumed it was when the rise of the nappy is too short and pulls down at the front? Is that right??

Not sure about that part tbh hun. I just know that I get it when Max's nappies are saturated and it does seem like the weight of the wet inserts tugs on the wings causing them to sag down . I think a bad fit also causes it so you could try a tighter fastening if you're getting it with Ittis. I also get it with some of my HL fitteds when they are soaked and heavy as well but it doesn't matter with them as they have woolies over them to stop any leakage.

My avatar
trishy28
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby trishy28 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:24 pm

we get wing droop when we put nappies on too tight - as the tabs that go round the front of the hips arent being held in place with poppers - so they slide down to the thigh. iyswim. we got terrible wingdroop with ittis as she needed the rise of a large but not the waist.

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:04 pm

Emma1977 wrote:Not sure how well I can explain this. but I'll try. You get this with front fastening and some SS (in my experience) nappies when the 'win g' or tab with the bottom poppers drops underneath the top fastening poppers. Best eg are Ittis. I get wing droop when Max has wet the nappy alot and the tabs have slipped down and actually poke out of near the top of the thighs rather than staying tucked in properly.

I don't think I have explained that very well and could really do with a pic to illustrate but hopefully it will give you an idea :D

I thought you explained that perfectly. I never quite knew what it meant either TBH but even though we get it sometimes it never actually causes a leak/fit problem in my experience. (I get it with sposies too sometimes :oops: )

And not a stupid question at all. You are not the first person to ask. :D

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat