we use both

My avatar
VICKERSHOUSE
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: which is better and why?

Postby VICKERSHOUSE » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:56 am

For nappies Bamboo wins hands down - a much nicer fabric

For inserts/boosters i use both and am quite happy with them. I only use hemp as a booster, bamboo both booster and insert depending on which nappy its in

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:58 am

I prefer bamboo

My avatar
RuthPat
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby RuthPat » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:14 pm

I am a bit boring as don't have much nappy knowhow or funds I stick to what I know and like. I use the BBOS inserts in my BB and swaddlebees and also have used MF Supoersoakers in Minkis but in night nappies and spares I swear by Bamboo (GK double) it is brill we get no leaks and it's a lovely natural fibre (slow to dry though :giggle: ) :D Rx

My avatar
nappymania
Clothie
Clothie

Postby nappymania » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:16 pm

thus it seems like bamboo winning.... :wine:
well, I will buy both for insert, but bamboo nappy! :wink:

My avatar
RuthPat
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby RuthPat » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:16 pm

HI me again :oops: I hadn't noticed you were interested in bamboo nappies too . Again I bow to all the wonderful ladies on this site with loads of experience but heres what I've found ...
I also swear by bamboo nappies. I used bambinex fitteds in size 1 and have a couple in size 2. They are very absorbant. Slim fitting and no leaks with the right wrap. lasted us from 2 months (when I discovered cloth) till 8 months. They are slower to dry than the other fitteds I used in cotton but well worth it. I have now bought a Blueberry bamboo from babykind. It is lovely and very reasonably priced. The nappy has a silky bamboo velour inner layer gorgeous :) Rx

My avatar
nappymania
Clothie
Clothie

Postby nappymania » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:17 am

thanks girls!!
In meantime I bought 4 little lamb bamboo and 2 hemp ella's house nappies (finger crossed for crunchy effect of hemp), and now I'll buy some little lamb bamboo inserts (they are cheaper that I found, I hope they work well)...! Also, I would try 2 or 3 ella's house hemp booster, but I'm still undecided.
At the end, I think with my pocket I'll use MF+bamboo insert, and maybe keep a few hemp booster for when I need extra absorbency...

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:20 pm

I prefer bamboo for nappies and inserts, but do use some hemp overnight when longer term storage is required. If I had to choose one or the other, I would choose bamboo for inserts.

My avatar
Orchid
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Orchid » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:02 pm

I bought some 40cm bamboo terry squares to replace all my microfibre inserts as they are so soft. DS is only 10 weeks and I was finding the microfibre and the BBOS inserts too bulky and they looked uncomfy on him and he is a much heavier wetter than my dd. I also don't like hemp as its too hard. I just fold the terry squares into three and stuff his pockets and they are really quick to dry as they are only one layer. I did an experiment pouring a glass of water onto 2 microfibre inserts vs 2 bamboo terry and the bamboo was sooo much more absorbant and less bulky. The bamboo soaked up all the water whereas quite a bit of water could be squeezed out of the microfibre. I love bamboo but I hate it against his skin.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat