hf1

Should los wee be so strong that . . . .

My avatar
mineemo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Should los wee be so strong that . . . .

Postby mineemo » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:21 am

U sit physically crying when sorting them for the wash. I was :shock: at the ammonia smell comin from them when i put his nappies in the wash this mornin. I was literally sat on the kitchen floor cryin nose streamin the lot, dd came in and thought there was something wrong and got worried bless her. Luckily i was putting all his pockets in for a full strip wash ( fitteds will be down next as they being worn at min). Im thinkin its teething wee as we are gettin quite snotty poo at the min ????? ( does this sound about right to you guys?) altho no signs of teeth at all. But im also thinkin poor boy if just the smell is makin me cry, no wonder his bum is sore. Im having to put him in sposis covered in sudocreme at night as he cant handle cloth at the min and wakes up cryin n wigglin till u change him and his fine afterwards. but in sposi with sudo his fine. It makes no difference as i only have 1 proper night nappy anyway so its not as tho im now not using any of them, and im not havin to buy any sposis (yet) as got loads left from b4 cloth days.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Should los wee be so strong that . . . .

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:23 am

If it's been left for more than a few days our nappy bucket makes me gag I have to hold my breath!
Proivded I do them every other day it's not too bad...

Try barley water (boil barley in water and strain and give him the water) to neutralise the wee...

Excess detergent left in the nappies can make them honk like this too...

My avatar
mineemo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mineemo » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:28 am

no these hadnt been left long, was only from monday. i cant get loads of nappies in my machine so i have to wash every other day.(plus i dont have enough nappies to not wash altho can go 3 days max b4 strugglin lol) i usually rinse to within an inch of their lives aswell after every wash to make sure theres nothing left in them, as i didnt used to and they were smellin so i do nowdays. I think its just his wee is strong, I could try the barley water but his funny with what he drinks, have only really just got him drinkin orange or blackcurrent squash even tho he hardly drinks any but he does have some each day.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:29 am

Apparently barley water tastes quite nice - I've never tried it though but Sara (littlesez) swears by it and it will help with the nappy rash too :)
Orange and blackcurrant will make the wee more acidic and burny :?

My avatar
mineemo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mineemo » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:35 am

hmmm will have to go look when i go shoppin next, Unfortunatly, orange or blackcurrent is all i can get him to drink. Iv tried all the baby juices and loads of other things other the months but have finally just settled with normal squash altho he wont drink it if its too weak, i keep tryin to get it weaker by addin a bit more water to it but as soon as it gets too weak he refuses it.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat