hf1

Suggestions for 3 year old?

My avatar
angelwingz
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Suggestions for 3 year old?

Postby angelwingz » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:38 pm

My 4yr old uses a mixture, his fave is his stripey slinki minki but he is having more and more dry nights with the occasional flood so i am getting a PB trainers for him

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:45 pm

JanX wrote:you don;t actually have to wake him! Just lift him out of bed and sit him on the toilet or potty (whichever you prefer), apparently if you blow on his head, if he has a full bladder it should automatically release and he should wee! Than you can pop him back into bed for the rest of the night!

Otherwise a large minki pocket is a good night nappy, we use well stuffed fuzzis for ds1 here overnight to good effect! I have a pocket bot trainer (selling it actually :roll: )and I found it too narrow in the crotch for my liking! and therefore it leaks for us, so maybe not the best for overnight on a heavy wetter!

jan x

Really.. blow on his head?!?! I might just have to try that tonight :twisted: :twisted: just to see if that works. Oh but he has a normal disposable on so its not that easy to take of and put back on... :? I'll keep that in mind for tomorrow though!

When you say large minki pocket, do you mean the brand (nappies by Minki) or just any nappy with minki fabric? Sorry, I'm still a bit of a novice :oops:

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:49 pm

Jan is meaning a minki pocket by nappies by minki hun, they are really good night nappies, we use one for night times only on Evie and they take lots of boosting in the pocket too.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:29 pm

yep - blow on his head, not too hard, just gently. Apparently it makes them do a little shiver and then wee automatically (haven;t tried it here yet but the MIL did it everynight with hubby and his sister and it worked every time :shock: also I told a few people about it and it's worked for their kids too :shock: :shock:

and as nic said I did indeed mean the fleece pocket nappies by nappies by minki (not minki fabric as I don't think it's reliable enough for overnight imo!)

jan x

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat