hf1

liners: fleece, paper or nothing?

My avatar
nappymania
Clothie
Clothie

liners: fleece, paper or nothing?

Postby nappymania » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:08 pm

Hi to everyone! I read other posts on this topic, but I've not found exactly the answer I was looking for ......
Therefore, I would ask if for newborn and bf poo are better paper liners, fleece liners or fleece liners topped with paper? Then, I think fleece liners keep baby's bum dryer, paper doesn't really keep it dryer...!
I don't know what to use for bf baby, maybe it's even better not to use liners? :-?
Help me!

Silvia xx

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: liners: fleece, paper or nothing?

Postby Saskia » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:29 pm

I don't bother using liners at the moment - the breastfed poo just gets rinsed off in the machine during the initial rinse before washing.

All my pockets are fleece or minkee lined anyway. For my fitteds I might use a fleece liner later when the poos become more solid (easier to knock into the loo) - although I don't find her bottom particularly wet from not using a liner now... She's never had a red bum or rashes yet!

My avatar
daydreamer
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby daydreamer » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:56 pm

I can't say from personal experince I'm afraid as we didn't start in cloth until weaning had started but I think a mjority use fleece liners to absorb the runny Bfing poops.

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:55 am

I use minky liners, I tried without liners but Poppy would always complain in an unlined nappy.. So it was more for the stay dry layer than to prevent stains. Newborn poo just soaks into the nappy and really doesn't need flushing because the washing machine deals with it easily.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:27 am

We've always used fleece liners.

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:46 am

On the few occasions we used liners we used minkee one's but tbh i think we got on better with no liner

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:54 am

I'm using itti's an BG's at the moment, and not using anything extra than what was supplied with the nappies. All the BF poo is coming off easily in the wash.

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:57 am

I used paper liners initially but didn't really like them. Different types are better than others though. I then moved on to fleece and the were much better but as pp have said you don't really need them to prevent stains with newborn poo. I found that if I didn't use them Lucas would get a sore bum from the wee even in pockets.

We don't use them at all now that Lucas is bigger and has tougher skin. :wink:

My avatar
nappymania
Clothie
Clothie

Postby nappymania » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:35 am

Thank you girls!!
At the end, I think I'll try fleece liners and not paper liners... and I'll see if they work for us or not! I'll buy some Little lamb fleece liners, they seem sooo softly... :babyroll:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat