hf1

Slimmest nappy?

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Slimmest nappy?

Postby Mareth » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:51 am

Eoin's attempt at a conversion has gone quite well. The parents like the idea of cloth and have no problem with the cleaning aspect. However, they aren't happy with the bulk of cloth nappies, none of their baby's (8mth old) clothes fit.

They've tried bamboozles, HH and prefolds; what is there that's slimmer than any of these. I think we can get them ( :twisted: ) if we can find something slim enough. I know that swaddlebees pockets are very slim but my own experience with them is enough for me to not want to inflict that on anyone else. What are the AIO swaddlebees like for trimness?

TBH, I don't see it as a huge problem, babies grow so fast that their wardrobe is constantly changing, but they seem to see it as a problem. We've suggested that next time baby's wardrobe is due for an upsize they just buy a size bigger than normal so that any cloth will fit, as that's what we (and I'm sure most of you) do.

Any suggestions then for an uber trim, but still reliable, full time nappy?

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Slimmest nappy?

Postby HannahBanana » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:19 am

Swaddlebees and Fuzzi bunz probably your best bet.

I've NEVER had a problem with Erin's clothes not fitting tbh... He popper vests maybe but everything else I buy normal size and normal shops. I mainly use fuzzi, Happy Heiny, Upsy Daisy, Wee notions and a couple of random pockets.

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:20 am

Oh I also have a fair few Mommys touch too.

TBH I think it's nicer for them to have some padding, especially around that age as they're always landing on their bums!

My avatar
Kybosh
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Kybosh » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:25 am

Itti bitti's are supposed to be very slim, you can get them at twinkle

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:38 am

I think it depends on where you buy clothing from...

The only clothing I've had a problem fitting over nappies (trousers and vests mainly) were Next, Monsoon and some of the Primark stuff... Everything else she's in clothing for her correct age...

Sleep suits I do admittedly leave two poppers undone at the crotch but that is over night nappies - they're fine over day nappies but I go for the M&S ones as they're a bit longer - Primark is RUBBISH for length and lastability IMO...

H&M are very good.

For slimness I think bumgenius are very slim, as are fuzzis and the plain (non minki) blueberries...
If they stuff with the normal fuzzi microfibre insert and an easypeasy hemp booster you get a decent lasting nappy with good slimness...

TBH in the early days prefolds aren't that slim - they are now on Isabelle but then she is in the largest size wrap for them now...

Bamboozles are fairly slim but if they've got velcro ones that tends to make them bulkier round the tum and can make it difficult to fit clothes over as the velcro is quite wide and inflexible compared with pockets I find...

PLUS 8 months is one of those chubby ages I find - Isabelle was and I know a lot of other mums found the same thing - so getting clothes to fit over nappies can be a pain at that age anyway - baby'll slim down later...

My avatar
emste76
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby emste76 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:00 am

just as above ladybird clothes are generous

Slim fitteds i love my lovebums.
pockets i like at the moment my weenotions bear behinds and upsy daisy. I can't use pul on dd2 as she is allergic. On dd1 i used to use mommys touch or wonderoos.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:04 pm

I have never had a problem with clothes fitting either! But then I never dressed them in jeans or anything of a heavy fabric, always in joggers or other soft items!

I'd go wit fuzzis in all honesty! they are as s lim as whatever is used for stuffing, I find the mf they come with coupled with either the easy peasy hemp thing or a ptit dessous bamboo insert a slim fit and lasts a good 4-5 hours for us (when needed!)

jan x

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:50 pm

I would agree with Steph that 8 months is just a tricky age. I would say I had problems with Charlotte's trousers between 8months and a year. But we bought most of her clothes second hand off ebay so just discarded any that were too slim fitting - Next were the worst! I did buy a couple of pairs of trousers in the next size up at that stage and rolled them up or bought the cropped version, so they were full length. These days she is in the right size - although we are starting to move her into a few 2-3 years things.

In terms of slimness - I would say pockets. BGs or Fuzzis are good and easy for people to get on with.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:01 pm

I've found Dunnes and Tesco's clothes are the biggest around the bum, which is a real pain as Kayleigh fits in her cloth in Next, Bennetton and anything narrow fitting. We need a big nappy in order to keep Dunnes trousers up. I would say BG's are about our slimest nappy.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat