hf1

How fussy are you?

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: How fussy are you?

Postby Frances » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:17 pm

I'd definitely contact the WAHM. Luckily, I've always been pleased with custom orders, apart from one where the colours weren't quite what I was expecting, but if you think it's going to annoy you every time you look at it, and particularly if the quality isn't right if that's what's wrong, I'd ask for a replacement or see if there's any interest on here to sell it on and order a replacement.

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: How fussy are you?

Postby zoeyboo » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:20 am

Velvetsteph wrote:If I knew it could be done better I'd probably be quite narked... I'd probably ask a CNT friend privately if they thought I was being fussy (I'd probably send them a pic) or as a friend IRL - and then if I was sure I wasn't happy I'd email the WAHM...

That said hand made things aren't always perfect but it depends on what it is that had gone wrong really...

I'd agree, I think I'd want to know that it wasn't just me being overly fussy before I contacted the WAHM, then if the friend agreed I'd feel more justified in going back ... again I think there is a difference between it being badly made/faulty/not what you asked for and for example the colours being not as expected.

Most WAHM will want to sort this out for you without a second thought, I know a few people that have had Bonnie at HL re-do things for them and that was only because the colours weren't as expected, not a problem as such. I bought a LLS NN recently from Beth and was suprised how different the colours were than I had expected and was saying that on here and Beth offered to re-do if I wasn't happy ... I was delighted with it as it goes, just suprised.

Hope you get it sorted!

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat