How fussy are you?

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

How fussy are you?

Postby mabo » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:49 am

About custom orders?

If something you ordered wasn't 100% perfect and you know it could be done better, what would you do?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: How fussy are you?

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:53 am

If I knew it could be done better I'd probably be quite narked... I'd probably ask a CNT friend privately if they thought I was being fussy (I'd probably send them a pic) or as a friend IRL - and then if I was sure I wasn't happy I'd email the WAHM...

That said hand made things aren't always perfect but it depends on what it is that had gone wrong really...

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:55 am

I would probably go back to the person and explain your concerns. I would expect most WHAMs (if that's what we're talking about) would want you to be happy with your order so would want to know if something wasn't right.

My avatar
Soozi
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Soozi » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:00 pm

AS a wahm i want my customers to be happy - i want them to like and use what they buy off me - if it had have been me - i would want you to speak to me in private and would want to fix the issue

obviously within reason! if i feel that i couldnt have done it better then i will then say so!

i really think you should speak to the person

x

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:22 pm

I start by asking myself if I'd be happy sending it out to a customer, if that doesn't help I ask OH, he recently talked me out of sending something back and I'm glad because I love it now. Generally if I thought it could be done better I would send it back though, luckily I've only been in that situation a couple of times, I always feel awful

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:34 pm

Hmm, it's a tough one as so many people are online friends with the wahms, and don't want to offend or cause a rift.

I would say I am fussy within reason - if it was totally wonky or the stitching was so off in places it looked like it could come apart, then I'd definitely say something as politely as possible. Though I doubt many wahms here would allow an item like that to be sent out. If it was just a case of the colours not turning out quite as I expected, or something being very slightly wonky I'd be fine with that. The beauty of handmade items is that they are all unique and not "perfect" in the same way a machine would make something.

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:40 pm

50ftQueenie wrote:I would probably go back to the person and explain your concerns. I would expect most WHAMs (if that's what we're talking about) would want you to be happy with your order so would want to know if something wasn't right.

WSS totally agree!

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:40 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:If I knew it could be done better I'd probably be quite narked... I'd probably ask a CNT friend privately if they thought I was being fussy (I'd probably send them a pic) or as a friend IRL - and then if I was sure I wasn't happy I'd email the WAHM...

That said hand made things aren't always perfect but it depends on what it is that had gone wrong really...

WSS

My avatar
Charlootle
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Charlootle » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:57 pm

Saskia wrote:Hmm, it's a tough one as so many people are online friends with the wahms, and don't want to offend or cause a rift.

I would say I am fussy within reason - if it was totally wonky or the stitching was so off in places it looked like it could come apart, then I'd definitely say something as politely as possible. Though I doubt many wahms here would allow an item like that to be sent out. If it was just a case of the colours not turning out quite as I expected, or something being very slightly wonky I'd be fine with that. The beauty of handmade items is that they are all unique and not "perfect" in the same way a machine would make something.

I agree with this, if how its made is going to affect its performance I'd speak to the person who made it, with colours and things you can't be overly fussy as everything turns out differently and its sometimes difficult to present colours accurately online. It helps that I'm not too fussy when it comes to colours!

Charlotte & Jaden x

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat