hf1

using cloth on holiday still deciding!!

My avatar
cumbrianlass
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: using cloth on holiday still deciding!!

Postby cumbrianlass » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:54 pm

Why not contact the cruise line and ask how many washers, what drying facilities are like etc.....if you explain what you have in mind they should be able to give you the extra info you need to know if it is doable or not. Hopefully it is! I refuse to go anywhere on holiday unless it has a washer for the nappies lol

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:28 pm

Soupdragon wrote:We went on a cruise in December 2008. I debated whether to take cloth or not and am really glad in the end that we didn't. The washing facilities were always heaving - huge cruise ship, not many washers. And I wouldn't have put anything more expensive than a terry square in them, TBH, judging by the state of some of the clothes that came out. :shock: Washers on cruise ships are not quite like my lovely all singin', all dancin' Hotpoint. :giggle: And you'd obviously not be able to dry them outside on a cruise ship, even if you have an outside room - you don't want them blowing off into the ocean. :giggle:

this is my worry! i dont want my nappies getting ruined! oh dear im in 2 minds! theres 3000 people on the cruise ship using the facilities, i know the have LOADS of washing machines looking at the deck plan, but dont know to exact.

oh its a toughy!!!

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:32 am

Is it 3,000 people or 3,000 berths? We were on a ship with 3,600 berths. Think two people to a room, and then you get an idea of how many people are using the facilities. Like Tory said, I'd take cloth on a regular holiday, but not on a cruise. Good luck making your decision and have a fab holiday! :)

My avatar
Marie04
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Marie04 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:07 am

We took ours in a caravan a month or so ago, and they're coming with us to a relatives house all next week, and to spain in June :giggle:
x

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat