hf1

guess what i found ...

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

guess what i found ...

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:24 am

... 23 preloved terry squares used on me (and my lil sis!), so 30 yrs old :lol: .

they were in a cupboard which i just had to empty of my parents stuff to put our stuff in and there they were all folded up. i have decided though not to use them on ben and am giving them back to my mum to use as cleaning cloths!

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: guess what i found ...

Postby Mareth » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:26 am

Hehe, I have one square too which my Mam brought over to me. It was used on me and my sis. Don't have any pins or nippas so can't try it out yet. Have some nippas on the way so I'm gonna give terries a shot for the first time ever!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:32 am

Geordie_Girl wrote:Hehe, I have one square too which my Mam brought over to me. It was used on me and my sis. Don't have any pins or nippas so can't try it out yet. Have some nippas on the way so I'm gonna give terries a shot for the first time ever!

I actually really liked terrys on Louis at the age Ryhs is at the moment. I bought some Bright Bot terries and I just loved seeing them on the line!! They weren't massively absorbant but sometimes added a fleece topped hemp booster and that was pretty good or they got used when it was only an hour or two till bath etc! Good luck! I liked the 'Jo fold' from the nappy lady site (reminds me must do instructions!! :roll: )

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:37 am

Thanks Tory, will go and have a look at the instructions now. A friend of mine uses only terries on her son, he's now about 9 months I think. She switched to dispos overnight though, and for special occasions like his christening etc. because the terries aren't reliable enough and leak a fair bit.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:38 am

I still love the jo fold - but don't use it on terries for nappies anymore - I doubt they would fit, just use the first bits of folding to make our bamboo sqaures into 6 layer boosters :lol:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:54 am

I love my bamboo squares and used the jo fold too but Katie is too big for them so I just use them to boost my night nappies or stuff pockets.

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:35 pm

When I was using mainly terries, I loved looking at them all flapping on the line. And then folding them all nicely when they were dry, felt very virtuous lol

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:55 pm

Aww, wow Annette. Its amazing what you find.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:31 pm

jules070603 wrote:Aww, wow Annette. Its amazing what you find.

The rest of the stuff in there was really boring, like how many old electric razors, balls of wool (with acrylic or I would have kept them :wink: ) and then I stopped looking and just emptied it out onto the floor to start refilling.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat