hf1

Aagh she's pootastic

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Aagh she's pootastic

Postby tiyuricc » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:00 am

I was woken at 5am for clara's normal feed, only to find her and her cot completely covered in poo. Turns out it's come out of the left leg of the BG. She only ever gets poo leaks out of left leg in itti's too - I thought it was because the snaps aren't quite in the right place on her. I thought the velcro on BGs would fix it. Clearly I was wrong. I don't understand why.. well I do understand why, but not why left leg only - her legs don't seem uneven in chunkiness!
I've got no idea where to go from here, she's in a sposie at the moment. Although she's just made that face, and there's no sign of leaks. :x

My avatar
ebonina
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Aagh she's pootastic

Postby ebonina » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:07 am

Maybe it is because of which side of the nappy you do up first. Now that nappy changes are a struggle with R her nappy never seems even and because I fasten her left leg side first they always seems slightly twisted to that side.
Last edited by ebonina on Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
helenNt
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby helenNt » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:17 am

I found in sposies ds when he was little we had problems with the nappy leaking up the back so you may be replacing one problem with another. Not sure what to suggest about the nappy leaking from just the oneside. Hopefully someone will be along with some advice for you.

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:59 am

what about trying a wrap over the bumgenious

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:36 pm

Do you have any fitteds? Pockets and AIO's are not great at containing runny newborn poops. We never had leaks with diddy's or sandys but if we used a sposie it would usually leak up the back.

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:38 pm

I thought last night that it hhave been the order of me doing up the nappies, so did it atto normal. So no joy with that theory.

I haven't got any small enough, but am expecting a bamboo little lamb through any day, so that might do the job.

Thanks for your suggestions!

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:44 pm

just a thought but what about a muslin or prefold nippa'd or something under the bg? just thinking u might get a better seal around the leg that way, a muslin would be thin enough to then put the bg over the top. in theory. might be worth a try

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:07 pm

you could try a close parent pop in, they have leg gussets to contain poosplosions and i've never had a leak with them. I've prob got a couple spare if you want to buy one to try :)

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:21 am

:puke: Sounds like fitteds and wraps are the way to go. I didn't use pockets/AIOs until mine started weaning. Or you could try pockets that have a gussett like a pop-in or rumparooz.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat