2 Bamboo Little Lambs
one each of:
Diddy Diaper
Kiwi Quick Flip
EH Hemp
EH Bumhugger
Righteous Baby 'fits like a mitten'
Bumgenius
a Swaddlebees medium that was to titchy tiny to even try on skinny Connor, so hopefully will fit #2 soon
and a council freebie of 1 Bamboo Baby Beehind and 1 Hemp Baby Beehind (but can't order til I have a birth certificate)

8 wraps: ME Rikki / Cotton Bottoms / Nature Babies, plus a friend is lending me three more MEs

plus umpteen prefolds that I hated last time but are I suppose perfectly usable :roll: .

I've also got about 10 ME OneSize and MultiFit but haven't included them as I use them on Connor.

What do you think, do I need to keep shopping :D ?

Amanda x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: My newborn stash

Postby Louise » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:37 pm

Sounds like a good list, although you just have to have a Swaddlebees OV newborn, they are so cute! :lol: :wink: I also used bimbles and bambeasy size 0s so maybe also get one of each to try too.

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:19 pm

Sounds like a good stash already. I had a small swaddlebees and it fitted dd for only 2 weeks so the medium one you've got should fit for much longer.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:36 pm

I think you do need more unless you want to be going full days almost in your prefolds while you are getting the others dry. Don't forget they use about 10 nappies a day to begin with! Also I found I could use tots for ages so don't be surprised if they are too big in the beginning (I started them as night nappies and I think he was about 4 months before I used them in the day (but then I'm a bit of a slimness freak!!))

And you've got nothing really cute and special either :evil: . Go shopping my dear!!! If John complains I'll set Mr CM onto him!!!

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:22 pm

I think if it was me I'd get a few more. The last thing you want to feel is under pressure to get the washing done and running out of nappies, unless your a fine with using the prefolds.

I have 5 white size 1 Kissaluvs which were fab for us. The elastic is a bit gone but they worked really well under our ME wraps. I'd be happy to send them to you if they would be of any use. PM me if you want.

I found that size 1 Tots fit from birth and were outgrown by 4 months. I think Zac must have been a tad bigger than Louis. :lol:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:43 am

Actually that is a point he was only 6lb 12oz diddy little thing so you can see why he was swamped in the early days. :lol:

My avatar
emste76
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby emste76 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:02 pm

good selection i only had xs sandys motherease for mine.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:02 pm

Ben must be tiddly against Louis and Zac, we have 1 x applix bamboozle and 1 x applix orange cotton tots and they are saved as night nappies as they are still massive, but give a great fit with lots of boosting over night (1 bamboo terry and 1 hemp babies little weeds fits inside either and the tabs still touch and the rise is perfect.

Sounds like a nappy wash everyday without fail to me, so a few more could be advisable :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We love our swaddlebees ov onesize - at least you could use it on either and get loads of use or some quick drying pockets.

But we found the prefolds (we had 4) got loads of use in the beginning and the bamboo terries too as they are quick drying and you can fall back on them

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:54 pm

Thanks all. Will probably do a bit more shopping but see how I get on with what I've got so far. I've bought various things to try out, so once I see what works I can buy a few more. I don't mind using the prefolds too much in the short term. Plus if I'm 100% honest there's a good chance I'll use eco-sposies at night for the first couple of weeks :oops: , til I get my head round things. Connor was only in prefolds in the early days and I didn't use them at night as didn't trust them and didn't want the faff while half-asleep in half-darkness. It was all very new to me then, and that aspect of it is still new to me now! Hopefully it won't take long before I see what suits us and what we can use at night...

Amanda x

ps Katie, thanks so much for your offer, will PM you now!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat