hf1

Cloth Restricting Movement???

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Cloth Restricting Movement???

Postby Emma1977 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:12 pm

Max was in sposies pretty much full-time till he was 10months old and he still sat in the middle of the floor like a pudding waiting for custard and was content to play with whatever toys were within reach. He started rolling around at 11 months, commando crawling at 12 and now, at 15 months, he's cruising and crawling fine. He drops down on his bum a lot and never bats an eyelid due to his cushy-tushy. I've not noticed any difference in his mobility capabilities as he has just adapted :D

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Site Supporter

Postby Scotia » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:09 pm

As everyone else says, they are all different. Kerr was sitting up before he was 5 months, crawling at 6 months and walking at 8 1/2( :shock: ) months. They all do things in their own time.

And the kicking his legs in the air thing when you take the nappy off is normal too - Ross was in disposables and he used to do it too so it's not just a cloth nappy thing :D

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:19 pm

Hi Eleanor!

Glad to hear that isn't a cloth thing, that was my main worry ... it really is like a big weight being lifted!
I am happy for him to do things when he is ready, but wanted to know I wasn't holding him back :D

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Site Supporter

Postby Scotia » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:30 pm

Glad if I've helped put your mind at rest :hug: :D

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:35 pm

I did post this on the other thread, but I have to take Riley to the physio due to her lack of movement and slow physical development. the physio commented that the cloth nappies wouldnt be hindering her progress, but just to make sure that she had plenty of free nappy time to help.

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:03 pm

Aoife was in disps .... Rolled at 6 months, Only comando crawled till 10 months walked at 13 months
Imogen was cloth from birth ... Rolled at 3 months crawled at 6 and was walking by a year

I doubt cloth hinders anything it's all the child and how quickly they learn

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby joeli » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:02 pm

WTS.

Leo has been in cloth since birth and pretty bulky cloth at that. And he's been crawling since 5 months (backwards with spins to get what he wanted, then forwards at 6.5 months), rolled at 6 months, and cruising since 7 months. I know loads of babies his age who are in sposies that are barely moving (and of course some that are in sposies and moving quite well). They all get there in the end.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat